• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need new velcro backing pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new velcro backing pad

My velcro pad is almost toast. It holds the pads well enough as long as the PC is in contact with the car, but otherwise, it barely grips the pads at all.

This is the backing pad that came with the PC as a "bonus package" from Coastal Tool.

I was looking at the Megs backing pad, but I have the LC 7-1/2" pads which need the 6" backing pad. But when they wear out and I want to replace them with the Megs 6-1/2" pads will I have to get the 5" velcro plate in order to use them?

The Megs site says to use the 5" plate fo rthe 6.5" pads, so does that mean that I can't use the 6" plate that I need to get now?
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

You could always get the kit for about 35 bucks that comes with the pads and a backing plate combined and save some money in the long run.

Comment

Customer Care Hotline (800) 347-5700
      Hours: Mon.-Fri. 6am-6pm and Sat. 7am-3pm (PST)

Or you can call the number above that is posted in this site

Comment

Or you can order the kit online...

DA Velcro Buffing System W-DAV99

Set of 3, 6.5" Polishing Pads and Backing Plate. Velcro backing for easy switching: 2 polishing pads (W-8006), 1 finishing pad (W-9006) $32.95

Lynn
        Lynn Matthews

Comment

OK, so I take it that's a "No" to being able to use a 6" plate for Megs 6.5" pads...figures, I have 18 LC 7.5" pads and it really seems like a waste...I wonder how well the LC pads would work with a 5" plate?

I was wanting the 6" pads b/c I was thinking they could help me concentrate my efforts a bit better. Do any of you prefer the 8" pads over the 6" ones?
          Last edited by Don; Sep 25, 2004, 02:45 AM.
          Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"
          2013 Camaro ... triple black
          323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');