• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks Red Again !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks Red Again !

When I got my Mitsu Rio Red Lancer the dealer prep made the car looked almost orange with swirls and rotary holograms on the entire car and said to myself is this what I'am really paying them $300 to prep my car ?

PC #83 with cutting pad and #82 with polishing pad and topped with NXT with finishing pad.

Last edited by EdT; Sep 24, 2004, 07:46 PM.

Great job.

Comment

$300 for swirl city?!?! Hahaha! Just ridiculous.. Can you ask for a refund? Anyway, great work you did man! Keep it clean!
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Looks great! Keep up the good work!

Chris
        Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Re: Looks Red Again !

Originally posted by EdT
          When I got my Mitsu Rio Red Lancer the dealer prep made the car looked almost orange with swirls and rotary holograms on the entire car and said to myself is this what I'm really paying them $300 to prep my car ?

PC #83 with cutting pad and #82 with polishing pad and topped with NXT with finishing pad.
          Armed with a little bit of knowledge, and the right tools, most people can turn out higher quality work then people in the business.

Sad but true...

When we take our Honda Pilot into the dealership for service, I wash and detail the car first so it looks like it doesn't need to be washed or detailed, and Lynn tapes a sign in the front window that says "Please don't wash or detail our car".

We also tell the person we're dealing with that we don't want anyone touching the car. So far, doing all three things have kept the dealership detailers from swirling out our new car.

Before we bought the car, we looked at the finishes on the cars in their lot and it scared us!

Good job undoing the "Dealer Installed Swirl Option".

Mike

p.s.

New Acronym Alert (NAA), DISO Dealer Installed Swirl Option!
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');