• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona Cruise Central October 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Cruise Central October 9th

Well, it's only two weeks away! This is the big night, cruise central Arizona. Held on Central Ave in Phoenix. There was an article about this event in the September issue of Car Craft Magazine. Literally hundreds and hundreds of cars pack the parking lots and Central Avenue with thousands of people watching. You'll see about any type of Muscle or exotic car there.

Anyone else going?
    Later,
    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
    Auto Detailing Solutions

Is there a website you can post the link to so that people can get more information?

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I haven't made it to the cruise on central yet, but one day I will....

And to add to your things to do, the ACE (Arizona Corvette Enthusiast's) is having a poker run, with all proceeds going to the Brain Aneurysm Fund (BAF) and The Ronald McDonal House, next Saturday, October 2nd.
      It starts and ends at the pavilions. And everyone is welcome to join in.

Click the link for more information"
      http://www.arizonavette.net/baf.htm
      Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
      08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
      98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
      82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

About the only web site I can find about it is:

Scroll down to October 9th for the info.

Here's a panaramic photo from the last one, and keep in mind this doesn't even do the turn out justice.

And stuff like this is a completely normal event that happens the whole entire time of the event.

So if your anywhere near Phoenix you have to come.
        Later,
        Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

That's cool. What part of central would this be? (In between which roads?)
          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

It's at the Park Central Mall. I think the intersection there is Central and Osbourne. If you get to the general area you can't miss it, it's impossible. I've already had my request in for that night off work for a month now.
            Later,
            Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

The ACE Poker Run is this Saturday,
              Everyone is welcome.

http://www.arizonavette.net/baf.htm
              Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
              08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
              98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
              82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

I will be flying in from Chicago on this day and landing around 5:00pm. This would be a great way to kick off my vacation.

Any idea as to how long this event goes on?
                "A clean car makes for a happy driver!"

Comment

Road trip!
                  Chopped 55 Suburban
                  99 3.0 CL
                  Family cars:
                  1958 Eldo Biarrittz Vert
                  48 Merc Woody - a true sleeper
                  New project: 67 Sunbeam Tiger
                  Newest project: 66 Mustang Vert

Comment

This Saturday! Seriously if your a few hours away it's worth comming here for. As far as how the event goes on for this should be interesting. Before the parking lot was open all day, now the cruise az web site is claiming they're not going to open the lot till noon. I have a feeling if this happens there's going to be an overwhelming majority of angry people crushing down any barracades. It's pretty much a most of the day deal that gets more crowded as the day goes on. To get a good spot you'll need to arrive early. Generally in the past the event's gone on until fairly late in the evening. The police generally shut the main madness down around 8, but there's no reason you have to leave then.

I suppose a little background in to this event would be nice. Back before my time what high school kids did on the weekends was cruise central avenue. Then eventually cruising laws shut it down, so now that the kids have grown up they decided to bring it back as a twice yearly event. You'll see so many awsome cars there.

Ezmoney, I'll be there with my Hugger orange with white striped 70 Camaro parked right by Central Avenue.

HotRodGuy, it's worth a road trip, I promise you. I've talked to some people there that have come from California before.
                    Later,
                    Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Thanks for the reply Rick.

I'm gonna try and convince the wife that this is the best way for our vacation to kick off.

I'll keep an eye out for you and your car!

If I don't make it, please fill us in on the details afterwards.
                      "A clean car makes for a happy driver!"

Comment

Alright, I'll post the aftermath of the event. Last year someone posed some good video of all the idiots online. I'll see if I can find it for this years as well.

Good luck on convincing your wife to go.
                        Later,
                        Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');