• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dilution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilution?

Not sure if I'm the only one confused on this or not.

Does a dilution of 1:4 mean 1 part of chemical to 4 parts of water? Such as 32oz of chemical to 96oz of water. Or does it mean 25.6oz of chemical to 102.4oz of water? What did the Meguiar's chemists intend? Seems like other dilution charts go with the 32oz to 96oz but that just doesn't seem right.

I know we are not mixing something that needs to be that precise but I would just like to know. Plus I don't want my handy chart to be wrong.

Thanks in advance!
    Scott

Re: Dilution?

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
    Not sure if I'm the only one confused on this or not.

Does a dilution of 1:4 mean 1 part of chemical to 4 parts of water? Such as 32oz of chemical to 96oz of water. Or does it mean 25.6oz of chemical to 102.4oz of water? What did the Meguiar's chemists intend? Seems like other dilution charts go with the 32oz to 96oz but that just doesn't seem right.

I know we are not mixing something that needs to be that precise but I would just like to know. Plus I don't want my handy chart to be wrong.

Thanks in advance!
    Just you....

Usually the water is first, so 4:1 = 4 parts water to 1 part chemical.

But there are times that a little common sense comes in handy, and that is sometimes the hardest part (in other words, if one understands it, it doesnt need memorized.). For instance, we buy these bulk chemicals to water them down to save money and get a lot of useable product. So, 1 part water to 4 parts chemical isnt really going to do much to dilute anything.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Water first then chemical.
      If you want a 4:1 dilution ratio, it's going to be, for every 4 (what ever measurement you are using) of water then you'll have to put 1 (what ever measurement you are using) of the chemical

Comment

Just to add to what the gentlemen above me said, a 4:1 ratio can be 4 ounces of water mixed with 1 ounce of chemical for a total of 5 ounces.
        -Freeman

Comment

whew!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');