• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updating Counters Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating Counters Tonight

Updating Counters Tonight

Just a heads up... we're going to update the forum counters tonight so you may see some changes to things like post counts etc.

Most of you shouldn't see any dramatic changes. Just to note, when we update the counters it insures accuracy on the forum. For whatever reason, sometimes tracking numbers are wrong so periodically we use a tool inside the vBulletin Admin Panel to "Update Counters" and the idea being data is checked and number counts are adjusted to reflect accurate data.

For example, as I type this the forum stats are,
    ยป Stats Members: 20,595
    Threads: 27,719
    Top Poster: Mike Phillips (26,588)

These numbers will change as they are brought in line with the current numbers in our databases. Just to note, I usually lose the most posts.

I know some people get alarmed when they see their post count drop but it is relative and we want these numbers to be accurate. Also, you can go to your User Control Panel, click on Statistics and locate "Find all posts by username" and then click on it.

This forum is set up so there are 30 posts on a full page of your posting history, so you can multiply how many pages of posts you have by 30, (not including the most recent page of threads which may not have the full 30 post count on it), and get your accurate post count. This should match the number by your name.

Just a heads up...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Updating Counters Tonight

Any idea on how do the counts become inaccurate? You would think it would be 100% accurate all the time. huh...

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Not really sure myself for all the reasons...

Here's an example though, when a Spammer posts a Spam post we move it to the Moderator's forum and in some cases we delete it and anyone that relied a follow-up post to that Spam thread will now be less 1 post but that won't be reflected in their post count.

In the future we'll try to do this on a regular basis so there won't be huge changes in all stats on this forum.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Ah.... makes sense. It all 'computerized' it should take care of all that!?!? Oh, wait its 'computerized'.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Sounds reasonable. I to was wondering how the count could be off.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            Not really sure myself for all the reasons...

Here's an example though, when a Spammer posts a Spam post we move it to the Moderator's forum and in some cases we delete it and anyone that relied a follow-up post to that Spam thread will now be less 1 post but that won't be reflected in their post count.
            Makes sense

Just one thing, I think we shouldn't make the post loss count a deal since we are here to help and enjoy a common thing we have, not be the "top poster"

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
              Makes sense

Just one thing, I think we shouldn't make the post loss count a deal since we are here to help and enjoy a common thing we have, not be the "top poster"
              You hit the nail right on the head!
              Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Updating counters and rebuilding search indexes. You may see a change in your statistics the changes reflects the accurate total.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Updating counters and rebuilding search indexes. You may see a change in your statistics the changes reflects the accurate total.

Ok just dont mess up my photo views, almost at 100,000

LOL

Comment

any chance information could be lost? such as various threads and posts?
                    Nick
                    Tucker's Detailing Services
                    815-954-0773
                    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

whoa, looks like my post count went from 2900 to 2100.

oh well
                      Nick
                      Tucker's Detailing Services
                      815-954-0773
                      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Are you using M105, UC, or M205 to update and overhaul the indexes and searches???? Can't wait to see the end result.
                        RG Curtis
                        U.S. Navy Silent Service

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');