• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 MR2 headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 MR2 headlights

After reading some of the posts on here about headlight restoration I decided to see if waxing them would help. I used Meguiar's cleaner wax followed with Tech Wax 2.0. This removed 90% of any clouding I had. My question is should I be happy with the 90% or would another of the Meguiar's product take away the rest. I want to avoid sanding if at all possible as the lights look almost new at least now they do.

Re: 2001 MR2 headlights

Try PlastX, should take the rest out although it does look pretty darn good right now.
    '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
    '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

Try PlastX for sure. If cleaner wax got 90% out then PlastX should get them perfect.

What machine are you using? Drill, DA, or rotary?

Comment

I used M105 on the tail lights of our Yukon, turned out great. Did it by hand.

PlastX will do a great job as well.

By the looks of it, I don't think sanding is necessary. My Yukon headlights looked worse than that when I started and did it by hand (then later by rotary) with PlastX, took more than one pass, so be patient
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Plast-x will be the answer. They look pretty good now.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I did it by hand. I will try the the Plast-X and see how it goes. I have used Meguiar's products on my cars, boat, and golf cart and have never been disappointed.

Comment

Hi,I did my headlights and tail lights with plasticx and they were in good condition similair to your's.They gave them that extra sparkle. There were no scratches or imperfections left at all.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');