• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two bucket wash method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two bucket wash method

Hello,

Could someone elaborate on the two bucket wash method?

Thank you.
    Robert

Re: Two bucket wash method

Hi Robert,

Just an FYI the How-To And Hot Topics sections are for topics put there by moderators only, so I moved your question into Detailing 101.

Thanks!

Mark

Comment

The two bucket method is where you have a bucket filled with just water and another bucket filled with soapy water. You first dip your wash mitt in the water and ring it out. Then you put it into the soapy water and go over a section of the car. The you put the wash mitt in the water, and ring it out. Next you put it in the soapy water. Repeat until the car is washed.
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
        The two bucket method is where you have a bucket filled with just water and another bucket filled with soapy water. You first dip your wash mitt in the water and ring it out. Then you put it into the soapy water and go over a section of the car. The you put the wash mitt in the water, and ring it out. Next you put it in the soapy water. Repeat until the car is washed.
        Thank you Joel. I heard a lot about the two bucket wash method but never know how it works. you're da man!
        Robert

Comment

Hi, Beginner, watch this video:

How to Wash Your Car Show Car Style
          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
          --Al Kimel

Comment

That is a great video. I shows the 3 bucket method with the Grit Guards. The 3rd bucket is designated to the wheels and tires. Although it is a bit lengthy.
            Joel
            Firefighter/EMT-B
            Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
            "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
            '99 F-150

Comment

Anybody else not use the two bucket method?

I just set my garden hose to JET setting and spray the chenille sponge thoroughly. I think i save water and do a better job of cleaning the sponge.

Comment

Great video (the best part is the dawn thing and the fried chicken stuff) and good looking star too....
                Robert

Comment

Originally posted by dragonballz View Post
                  Anybody else not use the two bucket method?

I just set my garden hose to JET setting and spray the chenille sponge thoroughly. I think i save water and do a better job of cleaning the sponge.
                  I would not chance driving a speck of dirt into the sponge with a jet spray of water, only to have it surface as you wipe it across your shiny hood. Besides each time you spray your sponge, the water would probably add up to a second bucket of water. (or more)

I swear by the two bucket method. Try it and then look in your bucket and see the little gritty things at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
                    I would not chance driving a speck of dirt into the sponge with a jet spray of water, only to have it surface as you wipe it across your shiny hood. Besides each time you spray your sponge, the water would probably add up to a second bucket of water. (or more)

I swear by the two bucket method. Try it and then look in your bucket and see the little gritty things at the bottom.
                    Once you try the 2 b ucket method, see the grit on the bottom. You will be asking yourself, "Why didn't I think of 2 buckets before this." It makes a world of difference.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');