• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Cross Contamination-Newbie Alert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Cross Contamination-Newbie Alert!

Hi, I'm waiting for the delivery of my G220 with pads and #83/#80 and was wondering if there was a risk of cross contamination with different paint colours?

I will be using it mainly on my MG Midget (possible single stage) and my wifes silver Hyundai Coupe (Tiburon) and as you can imagine she doesn't want red streaks apprearing!

I have read about cleaning on the fly but would there still be the chance that the red could stain another car?

They are the older pads which are not machine washable but what is the recommended method to thoroughly clean them?

Apologies if this is a silly question

Thanks

Mark

Re: Paint Cross Contamination-Newbie Alert!

I do not know the exact answer, but in this thread it talks about it a little bit.
    General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by woblynne View Post
      I have read about cleaning on the fly but would there still be the chance that the red could stain another car?
      The red single stage paint from your Midget will not stain the clear paint on Hyundai

There's a thread either in Hot Topics or How To Articles on cleaning your pads besides the cleaning your pad on the fly thread.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

It was how-to articles, here you go... read all the way through it as members share their methods...

How to clean Meguiar's foam buffing pads

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');