• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing a Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing a Car

I was wondering if it's ok to wash a car even if it's going to rain the next day or the next couple of days? I know the rain sure it gives the car a rinse or whatever but about contaminants in the paint and stuff? isn't it still good to give the car a wash?

Re: Washing a Car

Washing gets dirt and other contaminants off the paint that's a good thing.

Go for it...

Also, moved this to Detailing 101

Hot Topics, How To Articles and Frequently Asked Questions are not open to general questions or any posts for that matter.

When in doubt... post it to Detailing 101

Thanks...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I got some mud on my front bumper from driving through a construction site (surprised i didn't get stuck) and washed it yesterday even though its supposed to rain tomorrow. O well, rather have it clean than have that stuff stick on.....i say go for it

Comment

When its cold here in SoCal I prefer to ONR my car if it isn't that dirty. That way I can use warm water in the mix so my hands don't freeze

I wash pretty much every week rain or shine since my car is outside 24/7
        Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

It seems to always rain the day after I wash my Jeep. If I wax it then it rains the day of.

Not sure why you cant use warm water when doing a regular wash. I always do in the winter.
          Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I would wash it so it gets clean.
            Welcome to Meguiars Online!!
            Joel
            Firefighter/EMT-B
            Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
            "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
            '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by justbringit995 View Post
              I was wondering if it's ok to wash a car even if it's going to rain the next day or the next couple of days? I know the rain sure it gives the car a rinse or whatever but about contaminants in the paint and stuff? isn't it still good to give the car a wash?
              I wish I had your problem!!

The last couple of weeks, we have had snow about every other day, and sub zero digit temps!!

Oh ya, I had to get pulled out of my drive way to get my car out today..

2002 Yellow Chevy Monte Carlo SS
              My Albums: http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp24/Johnson0667/

Comment

Just use warm water, no different than cold water in my experiences.
                '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
                '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

Thank you everybody, so yeah I went through with it and I must say the Si is looking sparkling clean! =)

even if it rains, eh i have the quick detailer spray anyway

Comment

ive even washed mine IN the rain. all the neighbors were looking out there windows!!!

Comment

I like to keep my car looking as good as possible all the time. Irrespective of what may happen tomorrow or the next day, I'll wash the car.

My approach is that a clean car that gets rained on is still going to look better than a dirty car that gets rained on - so wash.

Comment

Down here in Florida the wheather people are not always right. They may call for rain 3 days in a row, and you never feel a drop. I say if you want to wash your car go for it.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');