• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you use the Grit Guard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you use the Grit Guard?

I don't use them, but I am interested in trying them out.
    I got a gift card from Santa, and the store has some.

I'll give them a try
    Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

U.S. Plastic price $7.10 ea and due to warehouse & systems updates they will take your order and ship out on Jan 5th. Use code 56180 and they will deduct 10% for having to wait. A good deal if you can keep your anticipation under control so go all out and get 2.
      The way a person treats their car is a direct reflection of how they treat themselves

Comment

I use one also for the rinse bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by asim_296 View Post
          I voted "No" simply because I couldn't find any at local market. that's sad
          Just order online? With these prices in the states I would had to buy another house to fit erverything in lol

Comment

Another reason to have a grit guard, after i washed my car i took out the guard and slowly drained the water and found this on the bottom of it!

Comment

I made my own. I bought 2 of these. Then I drilled a series of holes in the bottom of one of them. Then I put one bucket inside the other,the grit runs thru the holes and into the bottom bucket.
              Last edited by Barry N; Jan 22, 2009, 01:16 PM.
              I got so mad at a girl who was texting while she was driving,that I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her

Comment

Originally posted by Heatgain View Post
                I use the grit guard in my rinse bucket. Not only does it trap the dirt underneath, I lightly rub my mitt/sponge on it each time I rinse my wash media.
                I also use my grit guard to clean the polishing pad when I'm done, with the pad on a rotary. I GENTLY(2000 grit) sanded the Grit Guard on a few high points because it had a few places on it that felt like it might rip a pad or mitt. After using a regular Grit Guard to clean my pads a few times I bought a Universal Pad Washer, which uses, surprisingly enough, a Grit Guard to clean the pads. I gently sanded that one too on a few high points.
                Check out their Universal pad washer. (Although a little rich for my blood at $135)

And I voted yes on the Grit Guard. I plan to buy a pair this week.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
                  Check out their Universal pad washer. (Although a little rich for my blood at $135)

And I voted yes on the Grit Guard. I plan to buy a pair this week.
                  Those are on sale for 89.99 at an online supplier until Feb 20. I don't think I'm allowed to give the URL on here.
                  Heatgain (Gary)
                  The Irate Magistrate
                  Neutral & Detached

Comment

When I got them, I have never wash one of my families vehicles without them.
                    Joel
                    Firefighter/EMT-B
                    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                    '99 F-150

Comment

No bucket...

Only foam wash
                      Skoda Roomster

Comment

My Grit Guards arrived yesterday! This morning I picked up 2 plastic five gallon buckets from Home Depot ($3 each) and bucket lids ($1 each, figure it would be best to have the lids since they were so low priced anyway). I also bought a low pressure garden insecticide type sprayer for $9 (manual pump action, 1 gallon capacity) which I figured might be useful to to lay down an even layer of Last Touch.

Pep Boys was next door, so I popped in and picked up a sheepswool wash mitt. Got everything else, so I'll probably watch Mike's car wash video a couple more times and then get up early tomorrow morning for my first swirl free wash!

Comment

The only thing I HATE about the Grit Guard is that I didn't invent it.
                          ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

I completed my first grit-guard / 2 bucket wash this morning and WOW, I have never prepped for something as elementally simple with such exacting detail before. I took 2 weeks to assemble all the necessary components, most purchased from WalMart, but also bought some items from Target and Auto Detailing Solutions. I watched Mike's car-washing video at least three times and read and re-read all the proper techniques and advice that everyone has offered on this site. Had all the makings of a military operation .

It took me 3 hours to complete the car wash (guess I was way too exacting) but the result is one glossy, swirl-free finish. I know the time will reduce with successive car washes, but I'm very pleased with the result. The garden pump sprayer turned out to be very effective for coating the finish with Last Touch. The wand handle makes it easier to cover the roof and since the nozzle is angled, I was able to direct the spray under the bumpers and rocker panels with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
                              I completed my first grit-guard / 2 bucket wash this morning and WOW, I have never prepped for something as elementally simple with such exacting detail before. I took 2 weeks to assemble all the necessary components, most purchased from WalMart, but also bought some items from Target and Auto Detailing Solutions. I watched Mike's car-washing video at least three times and read and re-read all the proper techniques and advice that everyone has offered on this site. Had all the makings of a military operation .

It took me 3 hours to complete the car wash (guess I was way too exacting) but the result is one glossy, swirl-free finish. I know the time will reduce with successive car washes, but I'm very pleased with the result. The garden pump sprayer turned out to be very effective for coating the finish with Last Touch. The wand handle makes it easier to cover the roof and since the nozzle is angled, I was able to direct the spray under the bumpers and rocker panels with ease.
                              nice job, sounds like you put a lot of efort and hard work into your car
                              Nick
                              Tucker's Detailing Services
                              815-954-0773
                              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

USPlastic.com seems to be the cheapest place I have seen them.
                                AeroCleanse, LLC
                                Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                                www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');