• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you use the Grit Guard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you use the Grit Guard?

I voted no. I haven't had a problem with grit causing scratches or swirls on my paint. I use the two bucket method (2 4 gallon tall Helmon's mayonnaise buckets, they are tall). I personally feel they aren't worth the money or for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry N View Post
      I made my own. I bought 2 of these. Then I drilled a series of holes in the bottom of one of them. Then I put one bucket inside the other,the grit runs thru the holes and into the bottom bucket.
      can you seperate the buckets and clean out the bottom one?? I've always seemed to have problems seperating two buckets like that. Very good idea though.
      Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

I don't have any yet. I don't need it for my paint, it's going to be sanded off anyway.
        I will order a couple for sure.
        Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
        baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

I just bought 2. Used them this weekend, however they did not stay on the bottom they floated to the top. Is that normal.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisw View Post
            I just bought 2. Used them this weekend, however they did not stay on the bottom they floated to the top. Is that normal.
            your H20 is too heavy

Comment

always use one, even if my car isn't that dirty

Comment

Always use 2 of them , one each in a bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
                  can you seperate the buckets and clean out the bottom one?? I've always seemed to have problems seperating two buckets like that. Very good idea though.

Yup....they separate with no problem. Sorry for the late reply.
                  I got so mad at a girl who was texting while she was driving,that I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her

Comment

I can't find them in local stores so I haven't used them yet. I never used two buckets to wash before joining this site either. I will follow Mike's advice since it has worked out well so far.
                    Grit Guard needs to get their product into the mass merchant channel.

Cheers!

Comment

*I'm a user now.* is there any way to change my vote?

I just used the two bucket method on my mom's new BMW. That bad mammajamma was absolutely FILTHY (to me, especially.).
                      It's beautiful again, and still free of scratches.

Comment

After using the Grit Guard for about 10 months, I can't imagine washing a car without one.

On some of the cars I detail, I get some gunk on my wash mitt that I absolutely would either have to rinse off or use the grit guard on.

This is after using a pressure washer (I own a mobile detailing business) to thoroughly rinse the car prior to washing.

With today's water restrictions, and the inefficiency of having to fire up my pressure washer (sans spray-gun) to periodically rinse the mitt off, the Grit Guard has proven to be an absolute God-send!

Comment

meguiar's need to make the wash buckets with the logo

Comment

Originally posted by jamesqjr View Post
                            meguiar's need to make the wash buckets with the logo
                            They would sell like hotcakes if priced right...

Comment

would you rather buy a grit guard set up with pinnacle, auto-geek, sonus, or Meguiar's? I know i'd buy two.

Comment

I don't have any grit guards yet, but I am a bit surprised to see so many people using them.
                                r. b.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');