• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Locked Hot Topics & How-To Sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked Hot Topics & How-To Sections

I'm suggesting this to make it easier on you guys. Almost every time I visit the forum, I see how one of the moderators has had to move a new topic that was posted in Hot Topics or How-To. If these sections are only for moving threads into by Moderators, why not disable new threads in these sections? It will eliminate the need to move new threads out constantly and it will prevent people from feeling embarrassed when they first sign-up here and make that mistake.

Just a friendly suggestion that is really up to you guys. I guess it depends on whether or not you'd like to keep moving the new threads!
    -HealthyCivic
    Check out the glossary

Re: Locked Hot Topics & How-To Sections

We like people to be able to reply to existing threads in these forum, just not post threads that belong in Detailing 101 into them.

There isn't an option to only allow Replies, there's only an option to either allow posts or don't allow posts; so to allow posts to existing threads means allowing Newbies to post their new threads into these forums which is no big deal, we just move them and then the OP learns not to post new threads into these forums again.

No perfect answer but thanks for you suggestion!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Oh well. You guys are all very interested in the threads anyway so like you said I'm sure moving isn't a big deal for you!
      -HealthyCivic
      Check out the glossary

Comment

It keeps me "employed" !

Comment

Looks like you guys ended up doing this anyway!
          -HealthyCivic
          Check out the glossary

Comment

Originally posted by HealthyCivic View Post
            Looks like you guys ended up doing this anyway!
            Just temporary.

Maybe permanent, hate to keep people from replying to threads in these forums but at the same time new members seem to like to start new threads in them instead of a catch-all like Detailing 101?

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              Just temporary.

Maybe permanent, hate to keep people from replying to threads in these forums but at the same time new members seem to like to start new threads in them instead of a catch-all like Detailing 101?

I've been suggesting it for some time! The only thing I can think of is perhaps moving it down on the page so Detailing 101 shows up first? Either that, or make them read the "rules of the road" before they can be an active member, lol. Dang n00bs!

Comment

We'll open it back up because it's important and valuable for people to be able to reply to existing threads in these forums we just don't want new threads started in them.

It's kind of funny though because if you're the person posting a new thread in "Hot Topics" it's usually because your subject is hot... at least to you....

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');