• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on 62 T-Bird resto pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on 62 T-Bird resto pics

These pics are current I have almost finished with the body work, you can see it has many different colors right now. I ran into a couple of speed bumps right now but I am thinking how to get by them. The roof is primed then I sealed it. Lately the car has been sitting due to it not running right but I wd40 the accelorator linkage and it is running much better.

Here is one of the problems in the body, the fin is bent the entire fin is not right due to this, I pulled out the dent as far as I could with a dent puller but the metal got thin and then I pulled some of the metal out oops.

The next pic is the patch that I made. it was hard to shape it but it fits like the original almost. I have also circled where I have to cut for the next patch.

Last edited by 03mach1; Dec 24, 2008, 03:28 PM. Reason: add pics
    Alex
    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Re: Update on 62 T-Bird resto pics

It's coming along. Pretty soon it will be time to paint.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Looks like it is going, slowly but surely!! Keep up the good work and it'll be ready for paint by summer!

Comment

The car is taking longer because I am not at a high school auto shop but it will be ready for paint soon. I would like to paint it by spring break, I just signed up for a college auto class that is tought by my high school teacher and he said he would let me work on it in class so I will so be done with the body work. I bought more bondo man it is cheap for that stuff I bought a gallon and it was 14 bucks. I am sanding it still because there is so much rust on this car. the truck lid is full of it. I have a auto body shop that paints a lot of classics in the area and my boss just got his car painted by them and turned out fantastic. Now that I have aclass to look forward o I will get it done fast. I can't do body work at my house because of the bondo dust that is what my mom said to me. the next part to be primed would be the two front fenders. My friends say I should sell it but that car seems special because there are not many left. there are only two of these in my area.

found another pic

Thanks guys for the compliments
        Last edited by 03mach1; Dec 24, 2008, 06:34 PM. Reason: fix spelling
        Alex
        1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Good job so far .

I wish I had a garage to work on my '64 Chevy P/U!

Good show!
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Thanks Nappers
            Alex
            1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Should look nice when finished.

Going for classic colors/interior, or new and flashy?
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I am going with the original corinthean white paint SS. For the interior I have a black leather headliner with black carpet (both not original colors from the factory) . the carpet is new. the seats are going to be redone and new foam inserts. The red is nice but I wish it was black all over the interior. but the consol I have polished up with megs hot rims mag and aluminum polish. the dash is cracked so I have to buy a new one and then dye it red. I can't wait till it is finished, I am going to show it any where I can.
                Alex
                1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Looking good so far. Are you going to use Epoxy Primer ?
                  I know it is more expensive but you will be glad you did in the long run.

Comment

my advice is to take as much time as you need, and get it right. even minor flaws will show once it's painted. body work takes a long time to get perfect, but if you do, that makes all the difference
                    2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');