• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M205 first impression...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M205 first impression...

I'm going to use my G110 & M205 both for first time tomorrow. I should use a polishing pad, correct? Not finishing?

Comment

Originally posted by mb911 View Post
      I'm going to use my G110 & M205 both for first time tomorrow. I should use a polishing pad, correct? Not finishing?
      Depends on the level of correction you are looking for. My car didn't really need anything which was why I use a finishing pad.
      Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by BigLouie View Post
        Rasky, don't sweat it. Can these guys be that A/R? Keep up the good work.

Agreed!

I'm sure Meguiar's R & D does some pretty in depth testing on products and thats why the chosen artists on MOL gets a sample to test and put their results online. People like you, Nick, Kevin, Joe, Ryan, Tim and other artists put their input in as to how well it works. If it removed so much paint/clear they would have said so.

I used to cruise a few other forums and did not like the way they handled business and don't visit them until they change their ways.

This is my detailing home (I visit SCD a time or too as well, Richard is a good guy)
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
          WOW???

WOW! :) This stuff is awesome! I decided to fly over my car with it tonight...even though it didn't need a buff. :D I used the FLEX with a W9207 pad o
          Keep in mind that every forum has it's own personality or community atmosphere and how friendly or non-friendly other communities are is in part due to the Moderators that run it and it's kind of a reflection on them.

Luckily everyone can vote with a click of their mouse where they choose to hang-out and forums that allow threads to go downhill actually do a disservice to their entire community in the long-run because it will tend to make people that would otherwise join-in and participate either not post out of fear of being beat-up or leave altogether. This is the fault of the lead personalities or Moderators that run any forum.

The best thing to do when some member of any forum you belong to starts to take a thread south is to Report them, (hopefully there's some kind of decent forum rules on every forum), and then push away from the keyboard. People that go negative over big things or little things are not worth your time or energy and in your case, your good will.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Depends on the level of correction you are looking for. My car didn't really need anything which was why I use a finishing pad.
            Ok. Wow. Now I'm thinking I should use a finishing. My hood has a couple small issues, but that is all. I guess I could use the polishing on the hood, and the finishing on the rest of the car.

Thanks for giving me another way of thinking, since I'm just starting out!

Comment

Amazing work. In crazing waiting to buy this product, it looks great dam.
              Jose Holguin

Comment

Ok. Wow. Now I'm thinking I should use a finishing. My hood has a couple small issues, but that is all. I guess I could use the polishing on the hood, and the finishing on the rest of the car.

What color is your car? The paint hardness really dictates what pad I use. On soft paints such as black, i get very light hazing with a polishing pad, and a better final finish with a finishing pad, but if your paint is a little harder, then a polishing pad may finish out very nice for you and it does have more correction ability. I would suggest doing a 2x2 area side by side with the same product and machine speed but different pads and see which one gives you the best results.

Comment

Do a test spot.
                  Doing this will help telling you which pad you'll need. Remember paint are different, so maybe on RaskyR1 car it worked great but it doesn't mean on yours it will work the way you are thinking. A test spot will give a look ahead of things and you won't have to work on the entire vehicle to know the results you'll get
                  Good luck with the product and post pictures

Comment

I've gotten into it with him before too.

Per the advice of a fellow MOL member, I learned to just push away from the keyboard.

Thanks Al!
                    This guy is not nice at all! He is being super-critical for no good reason. I think you did a great write up Rasky, of your impression.

Comment

Originally posted by HealthyCivic View Post
                      So what is the purpose of a tinted clear? What does that do vs a regular clear?
                      Not really sure....maybe one of the paint pro's can step in on that one.

I know that BASF uses just a 2 stage BC/CC though for my paint code though...
                      Is this tinted clear coat on top of the existing one? I don't get it
                      Robert

Comment

Originally posted by CAShine View Post
                        This guy is not nice at all! He is being super-critical for no good reason. I think you did a great write up Rasky, of your impression.
                        Off topic, I totally agree with you, Rasky was being nice and very polite and the guy was totally rude. I admire Rasky's ability to stay on topic and address his post, standing behind it and not letting it get personal. I'm not sure I could be a polite as he was...

Thanks for the review, I am excited about giving it a go this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Beginner2002 View Post
                          Is this tinted clear coat on top of the existing one? I don't get it
                          No. A small amount of color is actually added to the clear coat, which is why they call it a tinted clear. I'll ask my old man today why they do it.
                          Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Do you notice that the clearcoat is tinted by just looking at the car?

Comment

Originally posted by dragonballz View Post
                              Do you notice that the clearcoat is tinted by just looking at the car?
                              No. I had no idea until I started polishing on the car. I looked up the paint code too.
                              Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Looks good. Ill have to give it a try this spring. Im pretty sure the only reason they tint the clear is to add clarity and depth to the paint.
                                If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');