• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some random thoughts on #80 and #83...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some random thoughts on #80 and #83...

Well having used #83 for only the second time ever and #80 is my go to polish just thought I would post some 'random' thoughts on the products for anyone who looking at getting one of the other.

OK--

#80 - overall a great product, I have only used this product via PC. Applies very easy and removes very easy. Polishes up VERY nice leaving the surface ready for a coat of wax. As always this does do a nice job removing swirls and scratches deeper scratches will take a couple applications.

#83 - Another good product and I applied this via PC as well, this applies very easy but seems a little more difficult to remove over #80. I also noticed this doesn't polish up quite as well as #80 and IMO doesn't quite leave the surface ready for a coat of wax, the wax I like it anyway. But it does do a nice job removing swirls and scratches.

In the end if I had to choose between the two it would be #80 all the way. For me #80 is just a little more versatile and leaves a better looking end result ready for wax and is still my go to product.

Just my opinions, enjoy!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Re: Some random thoughts on #80 and #83...

I agree with you.

I learned on the ol' 83/80 combo, now it's 105/205 and the new products coming out are plentiful.

I love M80 on Single Stage paints as those magical oils in it make the surface so nice .

I have yet to really get into M105 and haven't even seen M205 yet, but 105 is very versatile with other applications!

I like M02 as well but that may change when I try 105 and 205. I would like to try M86 too! Too many options but I always revert back to original programming, M83/M80 combo.
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I also like the #80/#83 combo. It is easy to remove pretty much any defect in your paint with these two items. Will have to give the #105/#205 a good workout soon. It will be hard to give up the #80/#83 combo.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I purchased some M80 a while back at my local PBE storeand havent gotten around to trying it yet, good to hear it finishes LSP ready
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I love the 83/80 combo. 83 was not intended to be a ready for wax polish but I use 83 with a rotary and it will remove 1500 sanding marks fast and finishes out looking really good.
          Follow that with 80 and a PC and you have a awesome shine.

I have not tried the 105/205 and doubt that I will I"m happy with the results that I get with the 83/80 combo.
          Black Bart

Comment

I like the 83/80 combo.
            But after using the new 105/205 combo, that is my "go to" combo.
            It worked great!!!
            And 205 polishes out nicer IMO than 80 does.
            Joel
            Firefighter/EMT-B
            Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
            "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
            '99 F-150

Comment

Im new to the world of detailing by machine (pc 7424) and bought M80 after reading a ton of reviews and used it on my girlfriend's black explorer and was very happy with it. I did use a LC orange pad with it but when I do my white corolla I am going to start with a white pad first and see how it goes with my test spot.

I used UC on the hood where it was more scratched and it finished amazingly well too
              2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
              2005 Honda CRF250R
              2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Have, used, and liked my 80/83 combo.

Then I got M105 and M205, and fell in love. It really makes the job a lot easier in most cases, and M205 is such a pleasure to work with. It's like melting butter into the paint...so smooth.

Comment

+1 - the combo works for me. I have both the 105 (DA ver) and 205 but haven't had the time nor place to play with them. I "need" to polish something to keep me sane
                  Learning new things everyday

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                    I purchased some M80 a while back at my local PBE storeand havent gotten around to trying it yet, good to hear it finishes LSP ready
                    You will like #80 finishes up very nice each and every use, very predictable results!!
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');