• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find high grit sandpaper in Montreal, Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find high grit sandpaper in Montreal, Canada?

Hey guys,

I've got a scuff mark on one of the headlight of my 2003 MB SL500. I though I could get it off with plastx and some passion on its own, obviously I was wrong. I looked at the threads in this section and it seems to me I'm gonna have to wet sand that headlight. After having read the great DIY by 97Supra I went out to get some 1500grit, 2000grit, and 2500grit sand paper for the job, but unfortunately I was only able to find 1500grit.

So my questions are;

1-Can I get the job done with just the 1500grit and the plastX?

or

2-Where the heck can I find 2000,2500grit paper??

keep in mind my head light is not scratched or dirty, it simply has a scuff running vertically down the middle.

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Where can I find High git sand paper in Montreal, Canada?

Try to find a PBE store in your home town, they should carry at least #2000 grit paper as that's pretty common for finishing work in body shops.

This was written for the US market but the 3rd idea should work anywhere in the world.

How to locate Meguiar's Professional and Detailer products in your hometown

When working by hand, to make PlastX more aggressive on plastic simply apply using terry cloth instead of a foam or microfiber applicator pad.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Where can I find High git sand paper in Montreal, Canada?

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

When working by hand, to make PlastX more aggressive on plastic simply apply using terry cloth instead of a foam or microfiber applicator pad.

AH HA! thx mike!! i'll give it a whirl.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');