• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got the hang of NXT Spray Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got the hang of NXT Spray Wax

I had about an hour to wash & wax yesterday. I washed the car quickly with S&W (non-Meg's, for those wondering; sorry) and had about 20 minutes left over to wax. I spritzed my applicator to prime, and went around the car quickly, spritzing panels as the applicator dried out. I then waited about 5 minutes and removed the residue with 2 clean mfs, one in each hand.

Very nice, no streaking, bright, shiny, and wet looking.

Sorry no pics, I had to be somewhere in 50 minutes and I still had an hour drive.

But, I guess the key to the NXT Spray is, the quicker you work, the better it works.

A tip: around panel edges, spray wax can get in and dry there into white spots. Those are the places where you want to only use an applicator premoistened with product. It seems simple and obvious, but you have to see the dried spots a couple times before you realize it's a problem, and when working quickly they're easy to miss.

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Re: Finally got the hang of NXT Spray Wax

Originally posted by Mosca
    IA tip: around panel edges, spray wax can get in and dry there into white spots. Those are the places where you want to only use an applicator pre-moistened with product. It seems simple and obvious, but you have to see the dried spots a couple times before you realize it's a problem, and when working quickly they're easy to miss.

Tom
    Hi Tom,

Using a spray wax and getting good results is really a matter of getting the technique down, once you develop the technique it's really quite fast and simple.

You have pointed out to good techniques, one is to apply with a foam wax applicator pad after first pre-moistening the pad, second is to avoid spraying the wax near cracks and crevices because if you don't or cant wipe the wax out of these areas it will be noticeable as the wax dries to a white color.

For our Pilot for example, I spray the wax onto the wax pad for most of the car to prevent overspray as the Pilot has a lot of cracks and crevices and Lynn doesn't like the white spots I leave behind

I do spray the wax direction onto the larger flat panels as I'm working those. After I have went completely around the Pilot, I am able to begin removing it where I first started to apply it, and then follow my path of travel. I usually have a microfiber polishing cloth in each hand so that I never touch the finish with my bare hand.

It's a great product, once you use it a few times and develop a little technique.

"A little technique goes a long ways"

Mike

p.s.

We held a detailing clinic for the San Diego Miata club yesterday, I'll be posting some fairly dramatic before and after pictures tomorrow.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I recieved my booster wax in a goodie bag this weekend. From reading the directions wouldn't it make more sense to spend an extra few minutes to put on another coat of Tech Wax? It seems like the booster wax takes the same amount of effort.
      Chopped 55 Suburban
      99 3.0 CL
      Family cars:
      1958 Eldo Biarrittz Vert
      48 Merc Woody - a true sleeper
      New project: 67 Sunbeam Tiger
      Newest project: 66 Mustang Vert

Comment

For some people depending on their skill level, technique and type of car.

I applied a coat of NXT Tech Wax with the G-100 to the Pilot on Friday night, and Sunday before church I quickly applied a coat of NXT Spray Wax and removed it. I know I couldn't have done it as fast with the the Tech Wax, and the Pilot came out looking brand new, like I just waxed it.

Because the coating is so thin, it wipes off really fast. Also, this time I applied the Spray Wax with one side of a folded Ultimate Wipe and after applying the NXT Spray Wax to a couple of panels the microfiber became damp enough with wax that it really made apply a thin coating fast.

So how fast, slow or effective it is comes down to skill level, techniques and the type of car you have. (Large, small, etc.)

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I also think the bigger the vehicle, the more time you save with the spray wax. I save alot of time with the spray wax on my 2500 hd crewcab truck with a cap on the back, but just alittle time on the wifemoblie.
          2019 GMC Sierra
          1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodGuy
            I recieved my booster wax in a goodie bag this weekend. From reading the directions wouldn't it make more sense to spend an extra few minutes to put on another coat of Tech Wax? It seems like the booster wax takes the same amount of effort.
            I thought that, too, but even on a car as small as a Miata, when used properly the spray NXT is faster and uses less of a less expensive product. The application is quicker because it's a straight wipe on, with no working of the product into the paint. And the drying time of the spray is much shorter; I was done with the car within the amount of time it would've taken for the NXT to haze.

It took me a few tries to figure it out, but now I'm in synch.

Tom
            As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

The Spray Booster is a heck of a lot quicker to use on my big black Dodge Hemi. I too am getting the nack of applying it. I still use the foam tech wax pad. I no longer try to work it into the surface. I just make sure that I have light even coverage.

Tom

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');