• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Australian Quick Tyre Shine Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Australian Quick Tyre Shine Review

So, i have in my collection:

Nxt Generation Insane Shine Tyre Spray (Aerosol 425grams)
    Hot Shine Tyre Spray (Trigger Pack 710ml)
    Endurance Tyre Protectant Gel (High Gloss 473ml)
    Dodgy "SO EASY" Tyre Cleaner Pack (1Litre Spray)

Review:
    "SO EASY" Tyre Cleaner Pack (1Litre Spray)
    Price: $23.99AUD for 1Litre
    I have been using the so easy australian product until its gone, and though i must say its lasted me some 2 years, i have been achieving max 2days with shine, after that the tyre stays black for about 7 more days.

The spray gun is unsatisfactory, and overspray will be a must. on the packaging it says product overspray is safe on wheels and paint, which either goes to show that the product is weak, and will have little endurance effect, or they are lying and it will actually damage it after prolonged periods of not removing the product. (I want to think its weak)

Verdict: Will not buy again
    Pros: Cheap, bulk product, "So Easy!"
    Cons: Its a messy product and will stain your driveway and oversprays onto your car and wheels. Totally inadequate for users with low profile tyres.

Review:
    Nxt Generation Insane Shine Tyre Spray (Aerosol 425grams)
    Price: $19.99AUD

What can i bloody say. its insane. everything about this bottle is insane. from the colour selection of the can to the product itself. Results produce a rich, rich, rich, thick ultra gloss from 1 coat of nxt gen spray application.

After applying and waiting 15mins, i could litterally see myself in the reflection. they should add this product to the mirror glaze line because its so mirror glaze like.

What i did find out was after only 4 tyre applications, i could 'feel' the bottle getting alot lighter. From 425grams to approx 289grams. the trigger spray had been placed on thin/narrow application, as my tyres are semi low profile at 215/55/R16. Perhaps the value for money department maybe lacking here.

Verdict: Will buy again and use only for special special insane occasions.
    Pros: Mirror Finish, Mess Free, Attractive Bottle Can, Insane
    Cons: Lacking in value for money, surface prep on tyres a MUST, Need to really concentrate where you're spraying (ok, im making excuses now lol)

Review:
    Hot Shine Tyre Spray (Trigger Pack 710ml)
    Price: $18.99AUD

Just purchased product, thus no chance to try it.
    Mike, if youre reading perhaps you can help me shed light on the difference between the Hot Shine Tyre Gel and the GC Endurance High Gloss Gel.

Review:
    GC Endurance Tyre Protectant Gel (High Gloss 473ml)
    Price: $22.99AUD

I have had this product in storage for about 1.5 years, and i have bearly used it. Why one might ask? Primary because it was messy to apply even with a megs hand applicator. I also tried to use a cotton cloth or just a normal towel, however no success. usually its just annoying and messy.

However, in recent months the australian market decided to wake up for a change and start selling some tyre shine foam applicators similar to the ones that come with meg's hot shine gel/GC Endurance Gel (not High Gloss ones).

So today, feeling a tad lazy but wanting to make my car look new, i decided to grab a couple of tyre form applicators and use the GC High Gloss Gel. To my absolute surprise, the foam construction works beautifully with the gel and the application onto the tyre wall. A match made in heaven. The applicator applied the product surprisingly even and uniform, and all you have to do was to push down lightly to ease the product onto the surface. However, instead of thinking it was quick job, i sat my butt down on the lawn and started to apply the gel with love onto the tyre wall, not missing any spots at all.

Furthermore, it was mess free, and almost fool proof (almost). The results were not like NXT Gen Insane Shine - for obvious reasons due to the foam applicator - however while application one has the opinion of confidence & faith that the gel will last as it was thick and sticky but shiny and sleek.

These pics do little justice as they came from my phone camera, however the shine was insane enough to the average user. Much much more glossy than the dodgy "SO EASY" brand.

Verdict: Surprisingly, when i finished with all 4 tyres, i looked @ the bottle and it looked like it hadnt been used. being so shocked i felt i shouldve applied more, however with smart application techniques and an awesome product, this bottle has proved that it will last me for years to come under normal application periods.
    Pros: Thick, spreadable, uniform coatings (when applied correctly), high gloss, value for money (esp for low profile tyres), Satisfactory feeling hehe
    Cons: Takes time, time, time, needs love and attention during application, corrective application techniques for best results (not saying this is an absolute thumbs down, however for an average joe blow who has little idea on detailing, they might be pretty annoyed with the application and results if they follow the directions straight from the bottle), small paint brush maybe needed,
    Regards, Wilco
    There's No Shine Like Meguiar's

Re: An Australian Quick Tyre Shine Review

Nice review. Glad that you found a suitable applicator for the tire gel. I like pouring some into a plastic cup and applying it with a paint brush. It is time consuming, but the results are worth it. Once again nice review.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Great to see another aussie.
      You'll love the gel, it just lasts and lasts. Even through washes. Takes a little time to apply as you have found, but at least it goes where you put it, and theres no overspray.

Comment

soooo
        its been exactly 3 weeks and 1 day since i put GC High Gloss Endurance on my tyres, and through thick and thin of dirt roads, some garden venturing and constant daily driving, this stuff is still black, still glossy, still protecting, and still intact.

In the shade it looks like a normal tyre, nice and black. In the sun however, it looks very glossy and shiny. people keep thinking i waste $$$ in placing tyre shine at the end of every week, i simply tell the i dont - but theres nothing much you can do if they dont believe you. hehe
        Regards, Wilco

Comment

27th of december since i first applied this baby.

its now 18th of feb and i just got the application off via a meguiar's tyre brush. one thing i know is that it comes off fresh rubber for an all new application to last me another 2mths.

though the downside is that, it tends to stain your megs tyre brush . i liked it when it looked brand new and clean.
          Regards, Wilco

Comment

After some initial calculations, i think i have it right. The total bottle of GC Endurance Tyre Shine should last me 79.167mths.

Calculations:
            3ml OR LESS of gel required per tyre X (multiplied by) 4 tyres
            = (Equates to)
            12ml OR LESS of gel required per detailing application

Total bottle amount of 475ml / (divided by) 12ml OR LESS of gel
            = (Equates to)
            39.58 detailing applications

39.58 detailing applications X (multiplied by) approx 2mths of long lasting gel
            = (Equates to)
            79.167mths of shiny, black tyres.
            Regards, Wilco

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');