• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review of M205

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of M205

Dave McLean of Detailing World has just posted a lengthy review of M205:

FYI
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Re: Review of M205

That's a pretty good test and review... thanks for posting the link.

Dark or black paint is the best color to test any product on, but the swirls in that hood and the results they achieved plus the hands-on, detailed review is very good.

Plus if I read it correctly, all work was done using only a rotary?
    (can someone verify?)

Two Thumbs Up!

The Tag Team of M105 and M205 will be the new benchmark for all others to try to beat.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

It was all rotary, and yes it was a good review. I'm amazed it took swirls like that out. That's just awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
        It was all rotary,
        All the more powerful of the reveiw...

It's hard to understand and also hard to explain how the M105 and the new M205 can produce such awesome results using only a rotary buffer but on some paint systems they truly do just that.

The word is amazing.

Looking forward to more reviews and write-ups as more people get their hands on M205 and in the very near future the newly reformulated M105

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I will be doing a full detail on my red Focus on the next week. I will document it thoroughly

Comment

Here's some M205 for ya

1968 Shelby GT500 KR, heading to Barrett-Jackson next week. M205 and a DA is a wonderful combination

2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
            2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
            2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
            2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

You sure you didn't dip the car in glass Nick?!

Comment

That was a great write up.
                Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Wow........and with the DA Nick! I know we are going to see more of that beast.

Thanks for posting the review akimel.
                  www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

That was a great review. Nick that paint looks absolutely fantastic.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks for the share Al.

Nick - Reflections are truly amazing.

Learning new things everyday

Comment

Most informative thread indeed, love the KR - nice pic!

I don't post a whole lot, but I've spent countless hours entranced by the images I've seen, and learned quite a bit too I think. I've Holden_Caulfield to thank for that! (he posted in another forum I'm active in with a link here).

I've been using M80 and M83, as well as M95 on my Station Wagon, but between the abysmal orange-peel that Dodge calls paint, and the tens of thousands of acid-rain divots on the horizontal surfaces, I wasn't having a real fun time. I've dabbled with wetsanding on that one, with decent results.

I ordered some M105 and M205 after reading a few tidbits here and there, and decided to give my neighbor Tyler a Christmas present, gain some experience and maybe even create some word-of-mouth referrals.

So I detailed his Bright Red 2005 (10/04 build) Chevy Colorado pickup truck. He's a first year college student, nice young man he and his Mom are better than a few neighbors I've had in my life. His truck has seen him through high school, and now commutes to College most days a week. It lives outdoors, has since new, and rarely if ever, gets a bath and probably hasn't ever been waxed. It's a 4x4 (with an Inline 5 cylinder 3.5L motor too!) and looks to have gone offroad once or twice, whether intentionally or not, it's hard to say. (He is a college age boy after all.)

I won't hijack this thread will a ton of pictures (here's the link), but to summarize in a few short words, These two products together, or separately are just awesome! The Chevy had some very noticeable swirls and holograms pretty much all over it, and there are a dozen of more major divots.

More than once I startled the dog when I yelled out loud with amazement at the results I was getting.

Not really a fair comparison to the OP's original post, as I've not used anything but Zaino and Meg's with any sort of seriousness, just a very enthusiastic Thumbs Up for M205!

Mike
                        Finally learning how to shine sheet-metal!
                        Pictures live here!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeEast View Post
                          More than once I startled the dog when I yelled out loud with amazement at the results I was getting.
                          That's funny!

Since this was your first post, welcome to Meguiar's Online! Always great to see Lurkers transition to active members.

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

awesome find akimel.

nick that shine is just plain sick man. good job. i think i found my next product.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
                              Here's some M205 for ya

1968 Shelby GT500 KR, heading to Barrett-Jackson next week. M205 and a DA is a wonderful combination

OH come on Nick play the game mate you tease "SHOW ME THE CAR,SHOW ME THE CAR" you cant just show us one panel of a motor that was at Barrett-Jackson and think that's enough .
                              Thanks
                              Ken
                              1996 Lexus LS400

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');