• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Question on ColorX and polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question on ColorX and polish

Hey guys,

Just wanted to first say thanks for a great website. I have been searching for 2 weeks now on what to do for my car. Unfortunately, with all the info out there I think I'm overkilling.

I'm basically removing some swirls and restoring the luster back to my paint. The paint is dark blue on a 2005 Altima. This is what I'm using and just want to know if its too much:

1. Clay bar (Meguiars clay kit)
    2. Scratch X 2.0 (cleaner Polish)
    3. ColorX (Pure polish?)
    4. NXT 2.0 Generation Wax

Does this sound okay? And is ColorX a pure polish?

Thanks!!

Re: Quick Question on ColorX and polish

If you want to do a multi-step process then out of the products you listed you would,

Wash
    Clay
    ScratchX
    NXT Tech Wax

ScratchX is a dedicated paint cleaner
    ColorX is a cleaner/wax, that's like a paint cleaner, polish and wax all-in-one
    NXT is a finishing wax

If you use ScratchX you don't need to use ColorX, you can go right to NXT Tech Wax

The cleaning step is the most important step and it is this step that will for the most part determine the end results.

Hang on, I typed up some information on this yesterday...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Color X is a cleaner sealant.It is a perfect prep for NXT2. Use the Scratch X only were nessessary. The combo of ColorX and NXT2 should make your car look great.

Comment

Check out my comments on page 2 of this thread...

Discussion on Meguiar's Classic, Gold Class, NXT, Ultimate, and Hybrid Ceramic Product Lines

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

i've used the colorx and nxt combo many of times with good results. the paint didn't really need to be polished out with a dedicated paint cleaner, so using the colorx instead worked excellent in my situation and topping it with nxt made it even better...

Comment

Just to chime in, other's have recommended ColorX then NXT instead of ScratchX and it's true this is a popular and effective combination. Basically you're using the ColorX as your paint cleaner and as a bonus it's also polishing and laying down some wax protection.

Generally speaking, you'll get better cleaning results when you use a product that's dedicated just for that task, not cleaning, polishing and waxing although if a finish isn't in too bad a condition to start with then there wouldn't be much visible difference to go with either product before NXT.

The benefit to using ColorX is that if you find you have to stop your detailing session after the ColorX application your paint will be protected. ScratchX doesn't leave any protection behind so it must be followed up with a wax.

Two approaches, both with different benefits.

Your choice.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike,apparently you and me posted at the same time. Im sorry if I stepped on your toes. My idea about ColorX followed by NXT2 is just my opinoum.You are the expert on Meguiars products, so your advise should be followed. From what Im been reading I think that the new Swirl X will be the perfect prep for NXT2. I cant wait to get a hold of some.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry A View Post
                Mike,apparently you and me posted at the same time. I'm sorry if I stepped on your toes.
                No problemo...

We both posted great approaches to get great results. The ColorX/NXT combo is a time-proven, very effective system approach with it's own benefits.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');