• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Sponsored Detailer Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Sponsored Detailer Training

Thought this was kinda cool: http://thetotalpros.com/

It's a detail training center which claims to be sponsored, and supported by Meguiar's Inc. It's website even looks like the Meg's site. I may have to take a cruise to San Diego.
    Last edited by Erik Mejia; Dec 31, 2008, 06:19 PM. Reason: Typo
    Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Re: Meguiar's Sponsored Detailer Training

Interesting. I didn't know that was down here. I shot them an e-mail for information.

Comment

Wow it sure does look like MOL. I wonder if Meguiars knows about it.

Thanks for sharing.

Andy M.
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Wonder about this.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Yes Meguiars knows. I was introduced to Mel Craig (formerly of rightlook) by Jason Rose.

I was invited to go down and spend a few hours with him. I will do so soon.
          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Could not locate an address on the Web site but the phone number shows that it is in Oceanside, California.

Has anyone been there? Looks pretty nice from the photos.

They are no doubt an "Authorized Meguiar's Dealer" as is Arizona Detailing Supply (ADS) but the "look" of the Web site .... nearly an exact duplicate of the Meguiar's site ... gives the "Impression" that they are just a "little more" Authorized than others.

Going to take a drive down when I get the exact address. If they are in Oceanside, it's just 1 hour from Huntington Beach "Surf City U.S.A." Any one in the Orange County area that would like to go, please let me know.

Happy New Year.
            2004 Toyota Tundra Limited V8 Dark Met. Green

Comment

Yeah that's where I buy my Detailer/Professional line products. They sell them and provide training. But the training is pretty pricey unless you're serious about professional detailing. It runs from $500-1600 or so. Whereas I can go to Meguiar's garage for free and I know I can trust Meguiar's.

Hopefully the place sticks around in these hard economic times though. Apparently they have a car club as well.
              -HealthyCivic
              Check out the glossary

Comment

Originally posted by bene vita View Post
                Could not locate an address on the Web site but the phone number shows that it is in Oceanside, California.

Has anyone been there? Looks pretty nice from the photos.

They are no doubt an "Authorized Meguiar's Dealer" as is Arizona Detailing Supply (ADS) but the "look" of the Web site .... nearly an exact duplicate of the Meguiar's site ... gives the "Impression" that they are just a "little more" Authorized than others.

Going to take a drive down when I get the exact address. If they are in Oceanside, it's just 1 hour from Huntington Beach "Surf City U.S.A." Any one in the Orange County area that would like to go, please let me know.

Happy New Year.
                The TotalPros
                230 Roymar Road
                Oceanside,Ca.
                760-721-8030

Comment

Does anyone have any experiences with these folks?
                  -HealthyCivic
                  Check out the glossary

Comment

I just moved to Oceanside and plan on stopping by there soon to pick up some supplies. It looks like they are only open 8-5 M-F, so I might have to make it into the office a little late one morning.
                    1992 Mustang 5.0L turbo notchback
                    1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo
                    1998 Explorer 5.0L

Comment

I recently had a the opportunity to personally meet Mel.

He is an awesome guy that is super passionate about what he does!

I don't think anybody could go wrong if they used his service.
                      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I stopped by The Total Pros today on my way home from work. Picked up a quart each of M105, M205, and M80. Nice facility and staff and well stocked on professional and detailer lines.

Yes, they had 205 in stock.

The fellow at the counter mentioned they do have occasional saturday training classes for the DIY guys for $49.
                        1992 Mustang 5.0L turbo notchback
                        1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo
                        1998 Explorer 5.0L

Comment

Word has it Total Pros no longer has a Meguiars alliance. They seem to be pushing smart wax now.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                            Word has it Total Pros no longer has a Meguiars alliance. They seem to be pushing smart wax now.
                            I have been looking into training programs, and I contacted the site for information. Mr. Craig called me, twice in fact, and I talked to him for a while. One of the negative points, to me, was the fact that they are using SmartWax, and he said they would offer their support after the course and you would buy your products from them. I already have a product line with support that is fantastic!

They have been doing training for 9 years now, using Meguiar's products.

However, as you said, Joe, they now sell what they call the Smart Wax products, calling their program the "Smart Detailing University," you get the picture. The bottom line is, who really knows who really makes the products that they are putting the Smart Wax labels on. I don't think they have gone into the business of manufacturing their own chemicals, but I do know they are aligning themselves with TheChemicalGuys, and many if not all of their products may come from them.

They do offer a Smartwax detailer licensing program, where you train with them, buy their products and use their name.

If you look at the Smart Wax web site, you will see that most of what they sell is in consumer sizes, not commercial sizes. They are also rather pricey. I am sure this is just getting off the ground.

What it comes down to is not that they are necessarily giving up any and all of the Meguiars products, but they are taking all the products that they recommend and putting them under their own label (OEM'ing the brand) with permission. So it is possible some of the products are made by Meguiar's, but that would be between those 2 companies if that is the case.

The 2nd time I talked to Mr. Craig, after I had spent some time checking him out, his articles and videos on the web, and found that they used to sell Meguiars, I told him I used the Meguiar's products and would that be a problem for the course. He said it wouldn't. He said Meguiar's was a great brand.

So I think this is what is happening, they are setting up to provide the training and the products and license detailers under their name. It probably isn't a bad plan, although I personally think it would be a bigger attraction to take their training if they taught it using Meguiars.

So it is now time for Meguiars to do their own training course!!!! Not so subtle hint, hint, hint!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');