• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Daily Driver: A Simple Wash & Wax Regimen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your Daily Driver: A Simple Wash & Wax Regimen

I use Ultimate Wax (liquid) on my daily driver and I am thinking about using Ultimate Quik Wax after washing, just to top the wax and shine up.

My question is this - is there a danger of "waxing in" containments with Quik Wax, like tar etc.?

Comment

I watched that car wash video that's so nice....

Comment

So, I have a daily driver - I have so far:
        Washed,
        Clayed with detailer kit
        Ultimate compounded
        Ultimate Polished
        Sealed with Wax

What do I now need to do? I presume ash car regulalry... but when the wax runs out of steam what should I do?
        do I need to polish regulalry?

What about Glazes? Have I missed the chance for using one?

I cant seem to get a straight answer

My Heart says, wash regularly, clay and polish before every wax session.. .as wax lasts 6-8 weeks, Id be claying and polishing this often too

Or should I just be washing... waxing......washing...waxing and doing a big detial once or twice a year (as your docs say clay 1-2 times a year)

Comment

Originally posted by NorthantsPete View Post
          So, I have a daily driver - I have so far:
          Washed,
          Clayed with detailer kit
          Ultimate compounded
          Ultimate Polished
          Sealed with Wax

What do I now need to do? I presume ash car regulalry... but when the wax runs out of steam what should I do?
          do I need to polish regulalry?

What about Glazes? Have I missed the chance for using one?

I cant seem to get a straight answer

My Heart says, wash regularly, clay and polish before every wax session.. .as wax lasts 6-8 weeks, Id be claying and polishing this often too

Or should I just be washing... waxing......washing...waxing and doing a big detial once or twice a year (as your docs say clay 1-2 times a year)
          There are a bunch of variables to consider:
          • How much time do you have?
          • What are your expectations?
          • How much do you drive?
          • Is there a minimum standard you are seeking, or are you looking for 'showroom ready' all the time?

Several members here say that you have to come to terms with the limitations of daily driver use. Even if your objective is a flawless finish 24/7, the moment you park outside dust will find your car.

Drive a mile and a bug will splatter on the finish.
          Cruise under a tree and a bird will find it.
          Spring means pollen, fall means leaves, winter means ice, rain, sleet and snow (and salt, 'traction enhancement [aka gravel], chains, chips and corrosive water).

So a long answer to a short question: It seems to me that claying isn't necessary as frequently as you propose, as long as you keep with the wash, wax and maintain routine.

Just my $0.02 (don't know what that translates to in pence .

I have had to get used to the limitations of driving 600+ miles/week in mountainous and desert conditions, encountering multiple contaminants on a daily basis. I have made my peace with it, albeit with some resistance. I'd like it to look perfect but just flat don't have time to do that.

And it is a hobby, not an obsession. Keep that in mind as well.
          2016 red Hyundai Azera, acquired with 21 miles. Drive 600+ miles/week. Commercial RE agent in CA focusing on properties in the Truckee/Lake Tahoe basin.

Comment

I'm curious if anyone has switched to the DAMF Correction System (DAMF) for their DD regimen? Or is that overkill?

Seems if you only need correction once or twice a year, the other times would be just 1 step with the DA 301 Finishing Wax and you're done.

But I guess that same argument can be made if you just use a different cleaner wax like: ColorX, White Wax, or Black Wax.

Right now doing the whole 9 yards: wash, clay (as needed), UC (as needed), UP, Wax (2x) -- looking how to best simplify my process since it's a DD, not a show gallery .

It does seem the DAMF doesn't really save steps as you have: DA Correction Compound (D300), DA Polish (D302), and DA Finishing Wax (D301) vs UC + ColorX/WW/BW approach.

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');