• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A closer look at the Gilmour Foam Gun....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A closer look at the Gilmour Foam Gun....

You have the Gilmour model with the brass slide?

I put in 4-5 ounces of soap, fill to the top with water use the highest setting (biggest hole in the stem), and that is enough for my car. You'll have to try it and see. But that gives a good soap ratio, even if you got lost in the math. Pretty much the same as for a bucket.

I spray a panel, or half roof, half hood, etc... spray the mitt, and wash the panel. Flip the mitt over, spray the panel, and spray the mitt. Then wash, and then rinse in my rinse water bucket. Then continue.

If you get into presoaking, of course you may use more.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I went to Lowes the other day and found this:

Is that as good? I dunno if it even foams up the same

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        You have the Gilmour model with the brass slide?

I put in 4-5 ounces of soap, fill to the top with water use the highest setting (biggest hole in the stem), and that is enough for my car. You'll have to try it and see. But that gives a good soap ratio, even if you got lost in the math. Pretty much the same as for a bucket.

I spray a panel, or half roof, half hood, etc... spray the mitt, and wash the panel. Flip the mitt over, spray the panel, and spray the mitt. Then wash, and then rinse in my rinse water bucket. Then continue.

If you get into presoaking, of course you may use more.

I have the Autogeek/Gilmour model. Shampoo plus is suppose to used 1oz to a gallon. I have a quart, which is 1/4 of a gallon. In this case, how much should I put in the foam gun bottle

Comment

I dont know if that Lowes model would foam or not.... If it does not foam, then it is like dumping a bucket of soapy water on the car, which isnt really going to do anything. Thats why you cant use a regular garden sprayer.

Put in 4 ounces of soap, fill with water, and use the highest setting. (biggest hole)

If you have to refill, then thats ok. Sometimes I find I have soap leftover, a few times I have had to refill. Just have to give it a try the first time.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I used 8oz of Gold Class Soap the rest with warm water.

I used 1-32

Here is a little video I made

Gilmour Foam Master 75QGFMR With Meguiars Gold Class 8oz the rest warm water.

Will be using super soap next time

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');