• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first full detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first full detail

Hey guys just posting my procedures up here so you can all tell me where i can improve.

First the car is a 96 camaro ss has been driven a lot but the paint is in good condition, has some paint chips but no major scratches or defects.

The equipment i will be using is a g100 with 4 soft buff 2.0 polishing pades and 2 soft buff finishing pads w9006. Have 6 meguiars microfibers for removal.

here were the steps i was planning on taking.

1. 2 bucket wash with nxt car wash
    2. Clay with meguirs blue bars and quick detailer
    3. M83 the whole car with 2.0 pad (optional in certian areas)
    4. M80 half car, m205 the other to see the diference.
    5. Number 7 polish car with w9006 pad.
    6. 2 layers of 21 wax might buy some nxt 2.0 to see difference.

Im thinking about just doing 2 test spots before the fulll detail with the different products to see which comes out best.

If there is anything else i might need let me know or if there is some more product i need to get. Feel free to tell me what you think im here to learn and after weeks of pooring over the forums im sure i missed some stuff.

I plan on posting some picks just to show if there is any major differences between any of the products.

Re: first full detail

Welcome to Meguairs Online!!
    Looks fine to me.
    Although I do not see why you need use 7 and 80 or 7 and 205
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Re: first full detail

Use the M205 with the W8207 foam polishing pads on the 5.0 Speed Setting for your first test spot and see if that doesn't get your paint close to where you want it to be, the reason for this is the M205 is going to be a lot easier to work with than the M83 and you may be surprised at what it can do just by itself.

If it's not getting rid of enough swirls for your fast enough than maybe try the M80 and the the M83

Whichever product you go with, be sure to clean your pads often as you work around the car, this will actually make the job faster and help your products to work better.

Cleaning Your Pad On The Fly

The question often comes up,
      How do I clean my buffing pads?

Or more specifically,

How do I clean my buffing pads after they become wet or saturated with the product I'm working with?

One way is to do what we call, Cleaning your pad on the fly. This means to take and hold a clean, soft, dry terry cloth towel, hopefully a towel with a thick nap, (the little cotton loops), against the face of the pad while it's still on your polisher and then with your hand that's holding the polisher, use your finger to turn the polisher on and then move the towel around and against the face of the foam pad. This will act to cause the excess product built-up in the foam pad to move out of the pad and saturate into the terry cloth towel. Then you can place the towel down and get back to working on your car.

This is called cleaning your pad on the fly because it's quick and simple and fairly effective for what you're trying to do.

Here's Cisco from one of our recent Saturday Detailing Classes learning how to clean a pad on the fly

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');