• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

microfiber question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microfiber question

I have a question about the meguiars ultimate wipe towels and the meguiars supreme shine microfiber towel. I have used the supreme shine but i do not no the difference between them and the ultimate wipes. Does one lead to a better shine or leave less marring? Im asking because im plannin to detail my camaro and am not sure which would be better.

Re: microfiber question

They are both very high quality microfibers, either will do just fine.
    '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
    '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

I would say the Supreme Shine is better for picking up a lot of exces sproduct.

The Ultimate Wipe seems good for QDing and final wiping.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Good to know murr, ill pick up a pack of both and try that out.

Comment

Just to add... I think when QDing a very dusty surface, you might still want the SS. I imagine the UW is better when the surface is cleaner, kind of like when UQDing after a wash or something.

So yeah, I have a load of SS's, but maybe 3 UW's, and I think I have only used 1. Its a good cloth, but I have just used it at the end really.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

yah ill be fully detailing my car so ill probably use it as a last wipe with the removal of m205 and then probably try it with some wax removal, or when touching up the car after a wash. Im sure it is good for something all meguiars stuff is.

Comment

Here is the package the Ultimate Wipes come in. I have found the claims made on the back to be true. I do prefer to use Supreme Shines for polish and wax removal, but I have found the Ultimate wipes work best for QD'ing. Even if the paint is really dusty.

Mike
              Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');