• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

motorcycle wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorcycle wash

I was wondering if you could use the deep crystal car wash on motorcycles without hurting it? Thanks.

Re: motorcycle wash

Sure, no problem with it

Comment

The only thing I would mention about motorcycle washing is to be sure to do a really thorough rinse of your wash solution. Bikes have a lot of nooks and crannies for soapy water to hide in and help create corrosion. Nothing that a good rinse won't take care of, though.
      Charles
      The Rainmaker

Comment

Can Meguiar's products be used on mountain bikes? My bike has an aluminum frame btw.
        Greetings from the Montero Sport Club of the Philippines! Visit us online at: www.monterosportclubphils.com

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesW View Post
          The only thing I would mention about motorcycle washing is to be sure to do a really thorough rinse of your wash solution.

Bikes have a lot of nooks and crannies for soapy water to hide in and help create corrosion. Nothing that a good rinse won't take care of, though.

That is a good tip.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Most riders stay away from the car wash. The high pressure water can get behind bearing seals and also ruin the o-rings on your chain.

Comment

You could always try reading the washing instructions on the inside of the jacket. My Joe Rocket has detailed instructions is several languages. Basically remove body armour, wash in cold water with mild detergent and lay flat to dry.

Comment

one time, I forgot to adjust the nozzle of my pressure washer, it was so concentrated that i easily peeled off my motorcycle hub's paint...no chemicals involved yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Ultraman View Post
                  Can Meguiar's products be used on mountain bikes? My bike has an aluminum frame btw.
                  What type of products? I've used car wash soap ON OCCASION to wash down my mountain bike; just remember there are 4 sets of bearings which may be easily contaminated as well as a chain which will likely need cleaned/degreased and relubed seperately. I spent the last couple years working as a mountain bike wrench and unless you are really willing to strip the bike down and detail it you might be better off getting some cleaner/lube (triflow, boesheild T9, etc) and an air hose for the components and wiping the frame and such down with either some type of quick detailer... Or use the old shop trick and bust out the Pledge. If you arent going to wax, this actually works VERY well as the light residue left behind helps (to a degree) keep dirt from sticking too bad.

And yes, I've waxed bikes/frames/components, although I usually only waste the time if I'm assembling from scratch, its new, and its for myself or somebody close
                  2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');