• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bass Pro Shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Pro Shops

Hey Guys,

Well tommorow i am waking up bright and early and going to Bass Pro Shops. I need some clothes and I am also looking forward to checking out the Meguiars products they have available there for the Marine/RV line. My Dad wants to get Meguiars Boat wash and Meguiars Flagship premium wax for his boat. I want to purchase a Meguiars Marine Water Magnet, Meguiars Marine Even coat applicator pad, Marine line glass cleaner, and Meguiars Inflatable boat cleaner. Hopefully they have a good selection to choose from but if they do not then its not that big of a deal as i need to buy some clothes and maybe some fishing stuff. If i find any Meguiars products i will be sure to post back here and share with you what i got

Nick
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: Bass Pro Shops

Sounds like a fun day!!
    That is awesome!!
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

I think some of the Marine Line accessories (towels, etc) are being discontinued, so see what you can find while you still can.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I love taking Rudy there to see the fish.

Comment

The headquarters for Bass Pro is here where I live and they always have a pretty full stock of the marine line, so you should be able to find what you need.

Comment

i certainly hope so
            Nick
            815-954-0773

Comment

Hey Guys,

I just got back from Bass pro Shops with my Dad and i had a great time. I bbought some clothes, a new coat, fishing stuff, and the greatest of all of this was Bass Pro Shops selection of Meguiars Products. Here is the stuff we ended up purchasing for detailing.

Meguiars Marine/RV Water Magnet
              Meguiars Even coat applicator pads ( rectangular ones)
              4 Supreme Shine Microfibers ( I was shocked when I saw these)
              Meguiars 64oz Boat wash
              Meguiars Flagship Premium wax
              Meguiars Inflatable Boat cleaner
              Meguiars Marine/RV wash mitt
              Meguiars Hard Water Spot remover
              Meguiars Hi tech applicator pad ( 2 pack)

The most suprising thing when going there was that they had a whole dedicated aisle for pretty much boat detailing. I was also suprised they had the Supreme Shine Microfibers and the Water Magnet. I am happy that i got these products as i heard some of them are being discontinued. Hopefully in the near future i will post some reviews/writeups on some of the Marine line products.

Thanks for reading
              Nick
              815-954-0773

Comment

That is Great!!
                Post Some Pictures of the Results!!
                Joel
                Firefighter/EMT-B
                Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                '99 F-150

Comment

Were their prices high there? I figured that would be the most $$ place to buy that stuff.

Had no idea they had the megs marine line. .
                  Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                  Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I'd like to know how much the Marine Water Magnets are at Bass Pro. They are 3 for $40 at ADS, I'd like to find them cheaper if possible.

ADS also has the California Drying Towels at 3 for $25. Has anyone tried these before? Thoughts? Didn't find anything on the forum about them.
                    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepster04 View Post
                      Were their prices high there? I figured that would be the most $$ place to buy that stuff.

Had no idea they had the megs marine line. .
                      The Meguiars stuff they had their were a bit pricey
                      Nick
                      815-954-0773

Comment

Sounds like you made a haul... our Bass Pro here doesn't carry a whole lot from Meguiars but they do have a dedicated aisle for detailing. I wish ours would carry a lot of Meguiar's products like yours does.
                        2007 Dodge Nitro SLT

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                          ADS also has the California Drying Towels at 3 for $25. Has anyone tried these before? Thoughts? Didn't find anything on the forum about them.
                          I have 4 of them and its all I use now. They are a lot softer than the megs water magnets but they dont glade over a wet surface very easy, they kinda grip it. Other than that they leave an awesome finish and hold lots of water.

Maybe they dont glide over the surface since they are so soft, idk??

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepster04 View Post
                            I have 4 of them and its all I use now. They are a lot softer than the megs water magnets but they dont glade over a wet surface very easy, they kinda grip it. Other than that they leave an awesome finish and hold lots of water.

Maybe they dont glide over the surface since they are so soft, idk??
                            It seems like I'd need at least 2 or 3 Marine Water Magnets to get all the water off my car. I've got 1, but it just doesn't soak up the water very well. Don't know why, I think it used to perform much better?
                            NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

haha, just noticed I said 'glade,' I meant glide.

Same thing happened to my Megs water magnets. Over time they stopped sucking up the water like they did when they were new. Good things dont last forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');