• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stippling brushes as detailing brushes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stippling brushes as detailing brushes?

I wonder if these Airebrush stippling brushes would work for detailing purposes:

Also check out the Dove All Purpose brushes:

You can't beat the prices!
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Re: Stippling brushes as detailing brushes?

I used something like that in Art class about a month ago and the bristles were very soft
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I'm sure they would work just fine.
      Test in an inconspicuous area first I would say.
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

Looks good to me! Looks like the same thing as some of those fancy ones with a different brand stamped on. If it was closer to spring I would pick up some of the bottom ones.
        Scott

Comment

Sorry double post! My computer froze up so I clicked the button twice.
          Scott

Comment

Just curious, are you using these for dusting out small places on the car? If so, they look pretty good. If you are going to use these to apply products / dressings, then I'm not so sure about 'em.
            NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Agreed, I don't think they would work for dressings.

The place I've seen them used best is for wheels. They work great for some of the more intricate wheel designs. They would also work good for dusting in the cracks on dashes.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                Just curious, are you using these for dusting out small places on the car? If so, they look pretty good. If you are going to use these to apply products / dressings, then I'm not so sure about 'em.
                I'm not using them at all at this point. I really just wanted to bring them to everybody's attention. As BlueZero has noted, they do look a lot like the SwissVax brushes, which are used both for interior and exterior detailing.

Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                --Al Kimel

Comment

Probably a lot cheaper without the Swisvaxx name on them too....
                  NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                    Probably a lot cheaper without the Swisvaxx name on them too....
                    Not "probably" ... definitely!

What I do not, of course, know is how they compare to the SwissVax brushes in terms of firmness, flexibility, etc. Someone is just going to have to take one for the MOL team and find out.
                    --Al Kimel

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');