• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow Foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Foam

Was in the UK few days ago, and we saw a fellow washing his car with something called Snow Foam. You just put this stuff in a Pressure washer soap dispenser, add water, and spray the car on low pressure. It foams up, just like snow, and you let it sit for a few minutes, and then spray off. It did a great touchless job, apparently does not strip wax, but leaves a white mess on the ground after. It does eventually go away. Again, it did a nice job.
    Anything like that here in the US?
    Thanks,
    D.

Re: Snow Foam

Yes there are several different brands.
    Gilmour Foamster is for regular hose at your house. (2 different links)
    Karcher Foam Gun for Pressure Washers. (I believe)
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Thanks Carfire. I was looking for the product, and not the tool foamer. Got the foam gun, but not the foam. That looks like the stuff:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4gsM6718P8
      but it seemed to be much thicker in the UK.

Comment

I haven't used the Snow Foam, but have used the Karcher foam gun with NXT, Gold Class, Hyper Wash and APC. It did make a nice thick foam, but if the car is dirty, you are still going to need to wash it, the foam however did losen up the winter crud on the car. I would say if it's just dusty you would be okay to spray and rinse. One thing, on dark colored vehicles, foaming when it's warm outside, the foam dries quickly, thus causing spotting.

Comment

You can change the dilution on the foamer to have more or less foam/be more or less watery and stick more or less.
          The foam is actually just car soap.
          In the Gilmour you pour in your soap solution, in this case lets say Hyper Wash, and then you turn on the water and it foams.
          Joel
          Firefighter/EMT-B
          Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
          "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
          '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
            It did a great touchless job, apparently does not strip wax,
            This is the feature everyone wants in a car wash as it just makes good sense, clean the car without removing the last coat of wax or paint sealant you applied.

The trick is finding balance between strong enough to dissolve dirt and road grime without also effecting the last applied coating of wax or paint sealant.

The problem is anytime something is strong enough to remove dirt and road grime without having to physically touch the paint then it's usually strong enough to also effect whatever coating was applied.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

From what I've read on various UK detailing forums, its a soap sold specifically over there. I haven't really researched it lately but I have noticed that some people do post the differences in the Karcher Foam attachment (not putting Cannon for this one) and the real Foam Cannon sold by Autobrite in the UK. I've read that the Foam Cannon blows the Karcher version out of the water but it is very similar to the Cam Spray foamer so that is an alternative that you can easily get here in the states.

I've done almost everyone of my soaps in my Autobrite Foam Cannon and each one works equally well with the foaming. In terms of stripping LSP, however, that remains to be seen as I just received it last week (been having fun ever since! lol). It does do quick work of the car though

If you want the real version of the Foam Cannon, ebay "foam cannon" and you will find a guy. He is the person I bought mine from
              Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

Originally posted by eyezack87 View Post

If you want the real version of the Foam Cannon, ebay "foam cannon" and you will find a guy. He is the person I bought mine from
                Thanks for that. I will have a look at eBay. I assume Gold Class wash will work with this.
                Thanks everyone else for your help.
                D

Comment

I have

-Gold Class
                  -Hyperwash
                  -DP Autobath
                  -DP Foam
                  -Dawn
                  -CG citruswashclear
                  -some others

Each one works very well. The only thing I noticed is that Dawn takes like 5 hours to completely dissolve on the ground but its still a lot of fun
                  Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

Originally posted by eyezack87 View Post
                    I searched for foam cannon and got lots of hits for foam seats, foam this and that, and found some real nice Cannon cameras...but no foam cannon. Checked all categories including eBay motors...no luck. Autobrite was a no hit also. Maybe this fellow is out of stock.
                    Appreciate the help though.
                    D

Comment

try this one...Free S&H
                      everypressurewasher.com/Cam-Spray-527100-CAM1243.html

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
                        I searched for foam cannon and got lots of hits for foam seats, foam this and that, and found some real nice Cannon cameras...but no foam cannon. Checked all categories including eBay motors...no luck. Autobrite was a no hit also. Maybe this fellow is out of stock.
                        Appreciate the help though.
                        D
                        What in the world? It was there yesterday

If you are a part of Detailing Bliss or Autopia, his handle is "advs1" and his name is Jose. Should prolly PM him if you really want it

EDIT: This was him on ebay (http://stores.ebay.com/Wax-Workz). Could also send him a message too I suppose...
                        Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

Originally posted by tHE_Magus View Post
                          try this one...Free S&H
                          everypressurewasher.com/Cam-Spray-527100-CAM1243.html
                          what type of connection does this require? I used to have a Karcher, three of them actually until they all started cycling and stopped working and had the karcher foam attachement for it. Now I have Campbell Hausfield wtih the tanks, but they really dont' put out a foam. I would be interested in this if I thought I could hook it up to my unit.

Comment

Thanks eyezack87. Unfortunately he only has one product listed....wax53.

Thanks tHE_Magus ... they seem to have what I want and have already emailed and received a reply. Wanted to make sure it would fit my pressure washer.

Thanks to you both.
                            D

Comment

Sure thing man. I'll talk to him and ask whats up when I get the chance. Very odd as I remember it had about a month left for the sale too. Oh well. If theres any good updates I'll post back here about it

BTW, with the Cam Spray, you need the following to make it work for a Karcher that is bayonet styled:
                              Club Lexus Forums - View Single Post - Ask GlimmerGlass
                              Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');