• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quik Interior detailer air freshner( homemade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quik Interior detailer air freshner( homemade)

Hey Guys,

Well today i am proud to say that I have a Meguiars Air freshner!!

How I did it?

I ran out of Quik Interior detailer wipes and as soon as i saw this i said thers no way i went through 25 wipes already. I only had them for 2 months but they were only 4.99 so no big deal.

Anyways i said to myself what can i do with this plastic can that smells like Quik Interior detailer. I know what I'll do, use it as an air freshner for the inside of my truck.

So last night i sprayed the inside of the can with Quik Interior detailer spray and stuck my nose in the can and realized how good it smelled.

Then i put the sat the can with the lid open in the center console and prayed it would work as i LOVE the smell of this product. I let the can isit in the truck overnight and i woke up the next morning at 8am and went in the garage to check my results. When i opened the truck door and stuck my head in i immediatly smelled a fresh scent of Quik Interior detailer! I was so happy i discovered this and will do this every other night to keep my trucks interior smelling like new. Its a good thing i never throw out any empty Meuiars bottles, jugs, cans etc or this would not have ben possible

Thanks Meguiars
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: Quik Interior detailer air freshner( homemade)

LOL, i just use an adjustable cone (many different scents to choose from) and it fits right in the cup holder, and only cost $1...

Comment

Great Find Tuck!!
      Thanks for Sharing!!
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

I would be great if meg's made air freshners.Why not? Everyone loves the smell of a lot of their products.My personal favourites are 'NXT All Metal Polish' and Quik Wax.

Comment

I love the smell of M135.
          Shane
          1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Glad it works for you.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I accidentally cleaned my rubber trunk liner this past week. I carried a cheap, small garden sprayer filled with Last Touch. The bottle sprung a pinpoint leak and emptied about a pint of product all over the trunk liner. Luckily damage to other objects I carry in the trunk (other detailing products held in a trunk compartment organizer) were minimal. After getting by the initial mess and soaking up the product with an MF towel, I simply wiped down the trunk liner with the towel and was really pleased with the cleaning,sheen and smell - much better than Meguiars M40 vinyl and rubber cleaner that I had been using. Now my trunk smells like Pina Colada!

Comment

That's some good thinkin Nick.

I've been tinkering with the idea of saturating a dish sponge with something good smelling like Supreme Shine or UQW. Then just set it under the seat or something. My two only concerns are that it'd dry out too quickly or that it could possibly stain . I'm gonna have to get some sponges on my way home today and try it.
                Alex C.

Comment

Hi Black,If the sponge method holds up but you're worried about stains,you could get an old ice cream tub and put a few holes in the lid.(or similair tub)

Comment

I started this thread about six months ago and since then I have only done it a couple times.
                    Nick
                    Tucker's Detailing Services
                    815-954-0773
                    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I like the smell of racing gas...

Yeah, that probably wouldn't work.

But Qwik Detailer is right there too- I have to check this out!
                      2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
                      2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');