• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super degreaser???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super degreaser???

Hello, I just bought myself some super degreaser and want to the do's and dont's. Ive read and would like to confirm that it can be used as a tire cleaner, correct?? What Dilution?? Whats the effects if it gets on your paint work or rims??
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

Re: Super degreaser???

tyres,
    wheel wells
    engine area

all 4:1 dilution should be fine.
    if it gets on paintwork, quickly rinse it off with maybe QD or lots of water.
    you dont want stains.

thats all the advice I can offer.
    -"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Comment

Super Degreaser

Meguiar's Super Degreaser exceeds expectations by quickly breaking down even the toughest grease. Its fast acting, free rinsing formula prevents unsightly white residue stains while its herbal fragrance creates a pleasant work environment.

Dewaxing 20:1
      Medium Duty Degreasing 10:1
      Heavy Duty Degreasing 4:1
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by buddy89 View Post
        Ive read and would like to confirm that it can be used as a tire cleaner, correct?? What Dilution?? Whats the effects if it gets on your paint work or rims??
        Any help would be appreciated
        Thanks
        Yes it can be used to clean rubber but you do need to be careful with this product around painted or polished wheels at stronger dilutions, if you stick around the 10:1 you should be okay but remember the idea is to work on one wheel at a time, don't go and spray all 4 tires down thinking you're going to work around the car one at a time. Also keep the wheels wet with normal car wash solution and the degreaser will be diluted by the car wash solution it it gets on the rim.

Check out page 2 of this thread,

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          Super Degreaser

Meguiar's Super Degreaser exceeds expectations by quickly breaking down even the toughest grease. Its fast acting, free rinsing formula prevents unsightly white residue stains while its herbal fragrance creates a pleasant work environment.

Dewaxing 20:1
          Medium Duty Degreasing 10:1
          Heavy Duty Degreasing 4:1
          Would Super Degreaser@ 20:1 or Meg's APC at 20:1 be a more effective wax stripper should a detailer not have a paint cleaner on hand such as Deep Crystal Polish?

Comment

Originally posted by Bert31 View Post
            Would Super Degreaser@ 20:1 or Meg's APC at 20:1 be a more effective wax stripper should a detailer not have a paint cleaner on hand such as Deep Crystal Polish?
            Chemically stripping wax of paint is just an option, probably depends upon what your goal is. I've personally never used any degreaser to strip wax as any car I've worked on in the past required correction work to the paint and any correction work to the paint using some kind of compound, paint cleaner, cleaner/polish or even a cleaner/wax then the cleaning/abrading action of the correction product is going to remove any thing off the surface including wax or paint sealant.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              Chemically stripping wax of paint is just an option, probably depends upon what your goal is. I've personally never used any degreaser to strip wax as any car I've worked on in the past required correction work to the paint and any correction work to the paint using some kind of compound, paint cleaner, cleaner/polish or even a cleaner/wax then the cleaning/abrading action of the correction product is going to remove any thing off the surface including wax or paint sealant.

Good point. However, polishing for me seems to go easier if I remove the wax or sealant first. I don't know why but I don't get pad hop and the rotary or DA doesn't pull to one side or the other when I remove the wax or sealant hence why I was wondering if Super Degreaser or Meg's APC would do a better job.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');