• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difficult to remove #82, why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficult to remove #82, why?

Couple days ago I used #82 on my mom's Black Grand Prix. Based on what I have learned from here, Meguiars how to remove paint defects video, your not supposed to buff it to a dry buff. I used a W-9006 pad on speed 4.5 on my PC and buffed a section for about 45 seconds to a minute. They say #82 is supposed to be easy to remove. Someone straighten me out what's the proper way to use #82???? Thanks,,,,,AR

P.S I apologize for my long name but in a week or so it will be changed to Airborne Ranger from deadman98.

Re: Difficult to remove #82, why?

Originally posted by Airborne Ranger Formerly deadman98
    Couple days ago I used #82 on my mom's Black Grand Prix. Based on what I have learned from here, Meguiar's how to remove paint defects video, your not supposed to buff it to a dry buff. I used a W-9006 pad on speed 4.5 on my PC and buffed a section for about 45 seconds to a minute. They say #82 is supposed to be easy to remove. Someone straighten me out what's the proper way to use #82???? Thanks,,,,,AR

P.S I apologize for my long name but in a week or so it will be changed to Airborne Ranger from deadman98.
    When #83, #82 or #9 is difficult to remove, this can sometimes be a sign of over using the product, i.e. too much product on the surface.

Sometimes it can be related to temperature and humidity also. Try removing it and the re-apply it using a W-8006 foam pad and check your results then. Sometimes the extra softness of the W-9006 pad can for some unknown reason also affect the performance of the #82 and the #9

Hope this helps...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Ok Mike, thanks! Thanks for fast reply too. One thing I've always done and I'm not sure if this is the right technique or not but I'll prime my pad with a healthy spritz of FI and then put a thick X on the pad and start buffing. The X is not real thick but thick enough.

However, everytime I finish up a section, I wipe it off, then a reapply a thin X to my pad, buff, wipe off, reapply thin X and so on.... throughout the car. I do that with all products, from DACP to NXT and I'm not sure if this is the right way or not??? AR

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');