• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Help: APC Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help: APC Issue

I was wondering, when I use APC on black rubber or vinyl it always dries with this white looking stuff behind, which dull the appearance. Does anyone know what the problem is?Just to add some info yes I did dilute the APC in fact it was 10:1. Also I added Hyper Dressing Diluted to either 3:1 or 1:1 I do not remember, and then that dried and it was still faded but not as bad. It is actually the trim on the inside and outside too. I do not think that they were like that before either. I did not let it dry either.
    I sprayed it, and let it soak in for a little bit and then wiped to clean and the flipped over the towel and dried it.
    Last edited by Carfire; Jan 23, 2009, 10:45 PM.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Re: Please Help: APC Issue

Try rewiping the area with a wet towel. If the APC dries, it can leave white marks. Wiping it dry may be the problem.

Comment

Good thought Tyler. WHEN I use APC, I have a bucket of warm water and a terry cloth to scrub then rinse with a damp towel and have not run into that problem and wiping dry in your post didn't hit me at first.

My interior can get nasty and a couple times a year, I give 'er a good bath with a cleaner (now APC) and rinse good.
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Yeah, I wouldnt let it dry....
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Never came across this problem. Maybe as Nappers suggested, you did not rinse the product good enough.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks guys.
            I think that maybe the problem.
            Joel
            Firefighter/EMT-B
            Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
            "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
            '99 F-150

Comment

Working...