• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie using Ultimate Quik Detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie using Ultimate Quik Detailer

Sorry for this wierd question, but when would someone be using the UQD?

I've haven't washed my car for two weeks and it has some water spots from rain and a little dirt buildup in the bottom of the car, you know the water spray from driving in the rain. I last waxed using NXT 2.0 paste about 1 month ago.

Would this be a proper application to use the UQD on? Wouldn't this create scratches?

Or am I better off rinsing or washing the car first, then UQD the car?

Thanks for any respones.

Re: Newbie using Ultimate Quik Detailer

Think of Quik Detailing as dusting.
    If there are small spots with not that much on there, it is okay.
    But for mud and really soiled stuff, it is a time for a wash.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

I think better you rinse off or wash your car first then apply the UQD.

Comment

You could also try using it after you wash the car. This will compliment your coat of NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 nicely. But using UQD on a car thats dirty will create swirls/scratches and you dont want to do that
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

The dirt off the highway can be pretty gritty and nasty. Wouldnt want to risk dragging it around on the car.

I agree it is best to wash, then UQD after to freshen it back up.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

wow, thanks for the quick responses. It gave me just enough time to eat, but now I am too full to do a car wash. I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Wouldn't it be better to use a spray wax (NXT 2.0 spray or Ultimate Quick wax) instead of the UQD. The work you put in is going to be the same, plus you have added a coat of protection.

Comment

The UQW just came out, so havent gotten to try it yet.

But I definately like the UQD better than the old spray waxes. (There is no Nxt 2.0 spray wax, just Nxt. The 2.0 is the new UQW)
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Well interesting that you brought up using USW instead of UQD. I'm going to say that there are going o be a lot of questions like hat once more people get their hands on it.

The difference is that you can use UQD when the car has a little bit of dust on it while you can't do that with UQW.

So if youve just finished washing your car I would just use UQW.

All depends on the situation.

Ryan
                Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Excellent point Ryan. I am in agreement with you, people will forget the qd step using the UQW. You will still need to do a "prep" step. Either giving your vehicle a wash or some type of qd.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Definitely go with Ultimate Quick Wax on a freshly washed car. Use the UQD in a day or two to remove dust and bring back the shine.

I have used the UQW twice now in the last couple of weeks. Once after washing and once after going over the car with Last Touch. On a clean car UQW is as easy to use as a QD.

Remember when using UQW you will want to apply to the whole car before wiping off. This will allow the UQW to haze properly. Which only seems to take a few minutes.

Mike
                    Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

I haven't washed any of my cars in a year. I use a quick detailer every 1-2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan L. View Post
                        The difference is that you can use UQD when the car has a little bit of dust on it while you can't do that with UQW.

Ryan
                        Correct. Mist & Wipe products also generically referred to as quick detailers in the industry, (and we make a product called Quik Detailer), are for removing,
                        • Light dust
                        • Fingerprints
                        • Streaks and smudges
                        • Clay Lubricant (some, not all)

While a spray on wax should only be used on a surface that is already clean from either washing or wiping clean with a quick detailer.

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                        Excellent point Ryan. I am in agreement with you, people will forget the QD step using the UQW. You will still need to do a "prep" step. Either giving your vehicle a wash or some type of QD.
                        People that read this forum won't forget as our stellar forum member will kindly explain the differences.

Originally posted by Mikejl View Post
                        Definitely go with Ultimate Quick Wax on a freshly washed car. Use the UQD in a day or two to remove dust and bring back the shine.

Remember when using UQW you will want to apply to the whole car before wiping off. This will allow the UQW to haze properly. Which only seems to take a few minutes.

Mike
                        Correctamundo

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');