• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reviewed: Ultimate Quik Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviewed: Ultimate Quik Wax

Well, I bought this new product yesterday at Wal-Mart. This has been my most anticipated '09 product. I did a light correction on my truck about 2 months ago and topped it with NXT 2.0.......which was still beading. So, I washed my truck with Shampoo Plus and then lightly polished out the hood by hand with #205 to remove any remaining wax. The hood was all that was polished. It was now time to wax. I've used so many spray waxes. Optimum's new and old. AquaWax. Name it and I've tried it. Till today, Optimum's offering was the best at being easy to use and durability. Looks went to AquaWax. Again, till today.

Let me tell you, this new product is easy to use! I sprayed it onto the surface, which was in full sun and 49* air temp. I wiped it in with several passes of an MF towel, flipped, and then buffed to a high shine. I then did the entire truck including the glass. There was no streaking at all. The slickness is easily the best in class. It feels just like I used NXT.......even on the the non-polished paint. Two hours later I was treated to the wonderful darkening effect that I love from Meg's products. All that's left is the durability issue. I will keep you all updated here in this thread.

Here's the pics!!!

www.clean4udetailing.com

Re: Reviewed: Ultimate Quik Wax

i too have seen the eye popping results of Ultimate Quik Wax

Nice truck and good writeup
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Great Write Up!!
      Thanks for the Review!!!
      Good Review!!
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

Good to see that more people are starting to get their hands on it and try it out...it's going to blow everybody away!!

Great write-up.

Ryan
        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Please do keep us updated on your experience.

Your truck looks very sharp, as in very detailed plus the red lettering really stands out against the bright yellow paint.

Is that factory paint?

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I can't WAIT to try this stuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              Please do keep us updated on your experience.

Your truck looks very sharp, as in very detailed plus the red lettering really stands out against the bright yellow paint.

Is that factory paint?

Thanks Mike!

Yeah the lettering and the yellow really get noticed. I get at least 5 new customers a month from just the truck alone. It was hard though not getting my phone number in the shots! Meg's friendly you know!

Yeah it's factory paint. Well polished paint that is. I'm telling you, this new spray wax is just that darn good. Smells like fruit punch as well.

Thanks Meguiars!
              www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Oh yeah........Mike.......

Can you tell us if Meguiar's will be making a Pro version of this like they did with 135? In gallons?
                It is needed. Really needed!

I do love the sprayers that come with the consumer line bottles though.
                www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by justin30513 View Post
                  I do love the sprayers that come with the consumer line bottles though.

And thanks for the nice write-up.
                  2013 Highlander - black
                  2010 TL - black

Comment

I'm sure UQW and all the 2009 Meg's products being released are typical, high-quality, but I have a very hard time putting any stock in this, or any of your past reviews.

Honestly Justin, all of your reviews over the years on AG, Autopia, MOL, etc. have the same basic premise: "I tested Product X and it works great so go buy it!" I can't think of a time that you've ever reviewed a product that wasn't a "great product".

I remember you saying a while back that you were ditching all your boutique products to go all Meg's, which is fine, until you do a review like this, on MOL. This review makes me think you're just sucking up to Meg's/MOL and that's what you've been doing over the years with all your other reviews on the other forums. Then throw in your run-ins on the other forums and your recent website plagiarism issue, and it's even harder to take you seriously.

Let me tell you, this new product is easy to use!
                    The same can be said about for the vast majority of it's competitors, namely the two you mentioned, OCW & AquaWax, which I have also used.

There was no streaking at all.
                    I've never had or heard of users having streaking issues with OCW or AquaWax so again, no different here.

The slickness is easily the best in class.
                    OCW & AquaWax are both quite slick, so again, no different here.

I'm telling you, this new spray wax is just that darn good.
                    Is it really or is it just more of what I'm talking about? I seem to remember you having a thing for Souveran Spray Wax, so is this that much better???

Two hours later I was treated to the wonderful darkening effect that I love from Meg's products.
                    vs. your post regarding LSP's from another thread:
                    I've used 4 out of the 5 you have listed. To tell you the truth, I can't really tell what any do on a correctly polished surface. They may add some gloss here and there...
                    So you can tell that UQW darkened after two hours but you can't see any difference between the 5 different non-Meg's waxes that were being discussed in another thread?

Again, I'm sure UQW is a fine product, but your reviews mean nothing when all your reviews are the same. It's kind of like the kid that cried wolf...

To me, the biggest benefit of UQW is that it's a consumer-level product that will be easy to find locally. Obviously, OCW has to be purchased online and Duragloss products aren't as easy to find as Meguiar's products locally.
                    -Mike

Comment

You should put your request into the New Product Suggestions Forum.
                      Take that Back.
                      Already Been Done.
                      Joel
                      Firefighter/EMT-B
                      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                      '99 F-150

Comment

I try to change my ways and go with a company that NEVER gives out anything for reviews and I get slammed. Well, slammed by just ONE person. LOL! Funny think is you have 86 posts here and most are attacking me. You should go detail something and do some time taking reviews of your own.

All of the above comparisons, be it about products, companys, or myself, are years old.

I never said that the other products were worse than Meg's new wax. Most just think that they are better which they are not. UQW does have a darkening effect. Sorry, it simply does.

Products evolve. One that may have been tops in 2005 is obsolete now. Like Souveran. Most thought its 90.00 price tag was crazy then. That's cheap now for boutique waxes.

Mshu, do you EVER see me talking down to anyone? About anything? No. You have two ears and one mouth, maybe you should be listening twice as much as you're talking. Thanks though for the kind words!
                        www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Justin, thanks for the review. I am starting to lean toward getting some uqw. Thanks for the review and pics. Your truck looks great as always.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Justin,

Good review! Thanks for taking the time to do it!

Mike
                            Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

We are watching this thread closely, and we want to remind all that MOL is family friendly community where we encourage healthy discussions.

However, we also want to remind you of Forum Rules # 1, 3 & 4.

Mike Pennington
                              Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                              Meguiar's, Inc.
                              800-854-8073
                              mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');