• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DynaBrade Rotary/Random Orbital Head - Miss leading!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DynaBrade Rotary/Random Orbital Head - Miss leading!

I just got the DynaBrade model that can switch to a rotary in a click on a button on the head. I havent use the kit yet but from looking at the orbital head in the rotary mode it will not spin in a even circle since the pad or backing plate is not center with the rotary spindal. has anyone use this or am i wrong about this? The reason I am upset is becuase i spend extra money ordering this model vs the model with out the rotary button.

thanks

Re: DynaBrade Rotary/Random Orbital Head - Miss leading!

Sorry to hear the Problem.
    Sorry I can not help you there.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
      Sorry to hear the Problem.
      Sorry I can not help you there.
      thanks.

It just seem to me if inthe rotary mode you will be polishing with a rotary with the pad off center. Will polishing that way leave any marks on the finish?

Comment

On the Dynabrade 61375 (does not have the option to switch back to circular polishing), the spindle for the backing plate is offset to make it an orbital polisher. If the backing plate spins evenly, it will be a circular or rotary polisher.

From the pictures, it looks like there is a switch for the different polishing methods.

Have you tried mounting it on your polisher and trying it?
        Chris
        Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
          On the Dynabrade 61375 (does not have the option to switch back to circular polishing), the spindle for the backing plate is offset to make it an orbital polisher. If the backing plate spins evenly, it will be a circular or rotary polisher.

From the pictures, it looks like there is a switch for the different polishing methods.

Have you tried mounting it on your polisher and trying it?

No i havent tried it yet. I will try soon but from the looks of it this device will not spin in a rotary circle motion. Faults advertisement!!! this model cost 40 bucks more then the other one. =(

Comment

Originally posted by bored7one4 View Post
            I just got the DynaBrade model that can switch to a rotary in a click on a button on the head. I havent use the kit yet but from looking at the orbital head in the rotary mode it will not spin in a even circle since the pad or backing plate is not center with the rotary spindle...
            Wish you would have seen this post before you bought the attachment:

page 4, post 32... Jan 8th, 2009, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by Kevin Brown View Post
            Make sure to check this...

From what I know and the model I used...
            It featured NOT a ROTARY movement, but a ROTATING movement.

So you will be switching between either a random-orbital movement, or a forced rotation/orbital movement.

Basically, you will be able to use the rotary machine as a random-orbital (like a Meguiar's G110), or as a forced rotation/orbital (like the Flex 3401VRG).

Just letting y'all know.
            NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer
            Kevin Brown
            NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

I've seen that post but didnt understand the differences between random-orbital movement and a forced rotation/orbital movement. so what movement is better to polish cars with?

Comment

is the Meg G110 like a PC?

Comment

Originally posted by bored7one4 View Post
                  is the Meg G110 like a PC?
                  Same thing.

Contact the Customer Care department for DynaBrade, if they're anything like Meguiar's they'll take care of you.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');