• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Detailing Products- G14816EU and G17316EU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Detailing Products- G14816EU and G17316EU

So i searched for any mention of these products on the forums and didn't find anything. All the references I could find were foreign references.

Does anybody know if meguiar still makes this or if it is available in the U.S?

If it is not.........why?

if this stuff isn't available would you suggest super degreaser then silicone dressing?

thanks
    jordan
    Last edited by Markus Kleis; Jan 31, 2009, 05:23 PM. Reason: No click-able links before 30 posts

Re: Engine Detailing Products- G14816EU and G17316EU

Here is the link that was in Slurpeyatari's post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXMPtMtGs8

The video showcases the European products (denoted by the EU in their names), which are not available in the US.

IIRC, it has to do with market research and demand that they are not available in the US- but I am sure Mike Pennington or Mike Phillips can provide you with a more exact answer.

There are other options that works great though- such as Meguiar's APC, APC+, or the Detailer line Degreaser products, followed by the dressing of your choice (Hyper Dressing is a favorite, but Silicone Free, All Season, and others would work as substitutes).

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
      Here is the link that was in Slurpeyatari's post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXMPtMtGs8

The video showcases the European products (denoted by the EU in their names), which are not available in the US.

IIRC, it has to do with market research and demand that they are not available in the US- but I am sure Mike Pennington or Mike Phillips can provide you with a more exact answer.

There are other options that works great though- such as Meguiar's APC, APC+, or the Detailer line Degreaser products, followed by the dressing of your choice (Hyper Dressing is a favorite, but Silicone Free, All Season, and others would work as substitutes).

Mark
      I went to the Meguairs U.K site and found it on there. IMHO, you would think with all the engine detailing folks it would make it a lot easier if there was a designated engine detailing solution. It gets confusing with all these options on which one to use because when you research it on the forums there are so many differing opinions on which product to use.

So in the market research realm, I guess our friends over the pond like their engines cleaner than ours? That is why they have a designated product?

Comment

Yep Meg's does make engine detailing products, as for their availability in the States im not sure. However...I recently found two meguiars engine detailing products ( degreaser + dressing) at my local hardware store, If memory serves me correctly, they were labeled in Spanish!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');