• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many microfiber polishing cloths do I need to detail my car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many microfiber polishing cloths do I need to detail my car?

Originally posted by Bunky View Post
    My guess those who have actually experienced problems with powered detergents are probably just using too much soap...more is not better...even liquid. The more you add the more you have to rinse.

It is better to wash twice (run cucle again) rather than just trying to add extra detergent assuming it will clean better.
    I know that our MOL microfiber expert, dftowel (Leo Cerutti), recommends less liquid detergent than recommended on the bottle. I add a little vinegar to the first rinse cycle and then run a second rinse cycle.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

I just use Woolite and do a dual rinse on cold water and air dry.
      But I probably got at least 25 MF's around. Good stuff, better than the old towels we have in milk crates. So old...
      -Kyle

Comment

i think to date i have around 30 average MF's, 5 poorboys, 7 chemical guys, 1 dodo towel and a whole load more various ones..........about 50 in total.
        all washed on cold and air dried, tumble drying drys them out and makes them stiff and harsh.
        if you can get MF's cheap or they are good value and quality for money buy them as you will always find use for them.
        Beau Technique
        Member of the autoshine sv detailing network and dodo juice authorised detailer in the UK.

Happy days maxin the waxin.

Comment

I try to use as much mf towels as I can, when detailing my car. I have many different types or brands of mf towels. I have ones for all-around (including for glass and trims), touch-ups (for quik detailers), claying (SS mf is excellent), buffing the wax-off, and interior. The lower quality mf, I use liquid detergent that non-dye and non-perfume. For the higher quality mf, I also use the same liquid detergent, but this time I hand-wash it and air-dry it ONLY!

Comment

I've read about different percentages of polyester and cotton for MF towels - 70/30 and 80/20 - does anyone know the benefit of one opposed to the other? Mostly I've seen the 80/20s advertised as "drying" towels.
            Composers shouldn't think too much, it interferes with their plagiarism. -- Howard Dietz

Comment

Originally posted by fullbirdmusic View Post
              I've read about different percentages of polyester and cotton for MF towels - 70/30 and 80/20 - does anyone know the benefit of one opposed to the other? Mostly I've seen the 80/20s advertised as "drying" towels.
              Well, from what I have been reading, 70% polyester/30% polymide (70/30), are more expensive to make. I know one does the cleaning and the other does the polishing, I just can't remember which one is which.

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
                Well, from what I have been reading, 70% polyester/30% polymide (70/30), are more expensive to make. I know one does the cleaning and the other does the polishing, I just can't remember which one is which.
                Great! Thanks for the info!
                Composers shouldn't think too much, it interferes with their plagiarism. -- Howard Dietz

Comment

I use nothing but microfiber towels on my car!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');