• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Kind of Windshield Wipers Do You Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Kind of Windshield Wipers Do You Use?

I use the Rain-X Latitudes. I've had them on for about a year now and they are by far the best I have ever used.
    For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Trico NeoForm on my truck, Trico ExactFit on my mothers car.
      AeroCleanse, LLC
      Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
      www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

i used bosch on my last car (changed recently and its got those new style bendy ones - no idea what they are but they seem pretty good) any way my last Renault Clio has Bosch (probably bit different as i am in the UK), not cheap but very very good, had them on for a good year maybe even two with no problems at all didnt even wear out or fray at the ends (it gets pretty cold here but not that warm this may cause wipers not to wear as quickly)

Comment

I put the bendy Bosch blades on my car, I think they are the Icons. They work great and are easy to clean If I get them splattered with wax or polish...like I did day before yesterday. LOL
          "Surely you can't be serious!?"
          "I am serious....and don't call me Shirley."

Comment

I use the Rain-X weatherbeather wiper blades. Best wiper blades I've ever used!
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I use the 5 dollar ones you get at wal-mart. They work good for me and I change them every year.
              2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
              AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
              1st Place-Best Overall Detail
              3rd Place-Best of Show
              March 26th, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Mustang View Post
                I have the standard ones, but my next ones will be rain-x latitude wipers; but I have rain-x on my windshield, so anything over 40mph, I dont even need my wipers, water just shoots right off
                Agreed. I use Bosch Excel's. Since I generously apply Rainx during the warm months, I rearely need to use my wipers.

HOWEVER, it seems the Bosch quality is slipping. I used to make a pair of Excel's last two years. A year ago I replaced the blades on my 02' Corolla, and already they need replacement.

Comment

latitudes. their good so far, but I'd rather have none.
                  Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
                  baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
                    I was wondering what kind of windshield wipers people use?
                    How do you like them?
                    I use the regular ones, I am wondering which new one I should buy.
                    I've tried all kinds of named, specialty blades over the years and always come back to Anco. I swap winter blades on in the Fall and take 'em off in Spring and generally replace blades every other year... so they each get about 1 year of cumulative use.

The environment attacks rubber blades and degrades them more than usage. Keeping 'em clean prolongs life and enhances performance. I used to clean the crud off the blades with alcohol pads but it tends to dry out the rubber. I now use 303 Wiper Blade Treatment a couple of times a year, keeps 'em clean, black and supple.

Just went to pick up some summer refills at Pep Boys since they have a $10 off coupon for a $30 or more purchase.

Pep Boys no longer carry refills, you've got to buy the arm too for all their brands of blades. Anco has a new AeroVantage arm that's supposed to prevent lifting for 10 bucks each with a $10 rebate. I picked up a bottle of UQW to bring the order up to 30 buck and after the discount and rebate essentially the blades are free.

Good deal and the UQW is a sweet product!

TL

Comment

Super Sporza Silicone w/Spoiler Wiper Blades (Carbon Fiber

very good can't find the rain x ones over here in uk..

Comment

Bosch Icons are amazing!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                        Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

how amazing are the bosch icons?? been wanting to try them for a long time..
                          Ganesa,
                          Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

I like my Icons, but Consumer Reports (for what its worth) rated the RainX ones higher.
                            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Just to give you an Update, I ended up buying the Rain X Latitude windshield wipers.
                              Although my Mechanic suggestion something by Trico, but it had to be a specific type, because one the of the Tricos is not very good.
                              Joel
                              Firefighter/EMT-B
                              Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                              "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                              '99 F-150

Comment

Let us know how they do.
                                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');