D151 Questions - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D151 Questions

Re: D151 Questions

Quote Originally Posted by 3Fitty View Post
    Wilco,

I'm sure you'll love D151. I'm not sure where it rates, but check out this thread here http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=28407, which shows the relative strength of the Meg's line.

As I understand it (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong), D151 is more aggressive than M83 but less than M105 so it would sit somewhere in between. Where exactly, I'm not sure.

One of the things I would remind you to try (which I forgot) is to use it on your headlights, the way Tim did. You get the best of both worlds... correction + protection. It is really an efficient product.
    D151 is a fantastic product. Once the the weather warms up and I get a free day, I plan on performing a 'wax off' between D151 and M105 (DA approved) on my dad's old truck. Hopefully through that test I can provide a little insight between D151 and M105. Might throw in some Ultimate Compound if I can get my hands on a sample, but I'd like to keep it rather straighforward.
    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Hatch Show Print Gallery

Registered Member Mike Phillips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wilco View Post
    just wondering though, on the 0 to 10 scale, how aggressive would d151 be?
    All other factors being equal, the D151 is going to be around a 5-6 on the scale used on our Professional Line products. Below is the relative ranking of aggressiveness among our cleaner/waxes.

• Meguiar's A12 Cleaner/Wax (Consumer Line - Maroon bottle)
    • M20 Polymer Sealant
    • ColorX
    • M06 Cleaner/Wax (ColorX, M06, M66 are all very close, w would put M06 and ColorX on the same par, M06 can be applied by rotary, that is the major difference)
    • M66 Quick Detailer
    • D151 PRC

Mike Phillips
    Office: 800-869-3011 x206
    Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net
    "Find something you like and use it often"

Quote Originally Posted by 3Fitty View Post
    Wilco,

I'm sure you'll love D151. I'm not sure where it rates, but check out this thread here http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=28407, (Aggressiveness order from new products) which shows the relative strength of the Meg's line.
    man that thread was too much for me to handle...hard to believe that the new consumer products were more aggressive than some of the professional products.

thanks for the details, and thanks mike for the post, you rock!
    Regards, Wilco
    There's No Shine Like Meguiar's

So i finally got my hands on some d15101 baby.

used it on the old W8006 softbuff 1.0 and well, i must say, i didnt attain the perfection results Tim Lingor got in his awesome review of the product.

Maybe it was the hardness of the clear coat. the car i was detailing was 2002 Nissan Silvia/200SX with metallic blue finish and a custom black metallic blue bonnet.
    there were alot of swirls as pictured below:

the result was awesome, clarity and shine restored it with ease, and i went over the areas 3times. however some hairline cracks remained. they werent fingernail deep but they were apparent. some areas more so than others. also, the same result was evident to other areas of the car where it was normal metallic blue finish instead of the black metallic blue.

as seen above, you can just catch a glimps of 2 hairlines.

however overall, for a quick and easy job, i would safely say it removed 75%-80% of all surface paint defects. some clear coats are tougher than others, and i would say the corolla tim detailed had a slightly softer clear coat than this nissan siliva.

because the results were not satisfactory to the customer, who wanted a perfected swirl free finish, i had to opt to using m105 on the DA for the rest of the bonnet and consequently, the car. the results posted above from the d151 was from a test spot.

clearly though, for a daily driver like my car, and alot of other average drivers who dont mind too much about a few hairlines here and there, d151 would definitely be the goto 4me. i could opt for 3applications of scatchx 1.0 via DA (2.0 not released in aust), or 1-2 applications of m205 via DA, but i'll choose to stay with 1application of d151 followed up with #21 2.0, #26 or nxt 2.0 for improved economy (seeing m205 isnt out here either, cherish the precious for the best!)
    Regards, Wilco
    There's No Shine Like Meguiar's

Wilco,

Wow, that is an amazing result. I think the improvement is phenomenal. Maybe not "show car", but as you said (correctly) this is your daily driver. Truly amazing! Nice work.
    ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information