• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Hyper Dressing Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Hyper Dressing Review

The Product: Meguiar's Detailer's Line Hyper Dressing

Smell: Smells like grape soda. I like

Viscosity: In it's raw form it is a very thick, light purple liquid. I diluted 2.5:1 and it was a very thin liquid (like water).

Packaging: Comes in the newest edition of a gallon container yet. It has a handle and a child safety top. Seems very durable.

Price: $35.99/gal from www.premiumautocare.com . Since I diluted 2.5:1, a gallon will go a VERRRRY long way and is very cost efficient.

How I used it: I tried it with both an uncleaned and cleaned surface. Cleaned worked better for me.

For tires/wells, I tried via foam applicator, tire swipe, and spray on. At the end of the day, the spray on technique was best. I sprayed a very fine mist on the surface of the tire and let sit for 5 minutes. If I applied directly to an applicator it seems to just sit on the surface and bead. Anyways, let sit for 5, then took an Eagle One Tire Swipe and sprayed a little on there and massaged it onto the tire. This proved to leave a little purple liquid still visible. I found that after this, you let it sit for about 20 minutes and you are all set. At 2.5:1 , the gloss level is a low-gloss sheen, very similar to Armor All...maybe a touch glossier if you want to critique. Wells, just spray on, and walk away...20 minute dry time again.

On vinyl and plastic, I liked using a foam applicator the best. I applied Hyper Dressing to the applicator and lightly rubbed onto the surface. Let dry for 5 minutes, and come back with the same applicator to ensure complete coverage.

Final Thoughts: I like this product a lot in the wheel wells, on plastic, and on vinyl. It deepens the color slightly and leaves a low gloss sheen.

On tires, it is a bit finicky. I tried 3 different methods (as stated above) to get the best results, but in the end it seemed to take a little while to get the tires right. I tried this product on 4 different vehicles today so I know it wasn't a fluke. In the end though, I found, that I should do the initial dress, then apply the LSP to the vehicle, then massage the dressing into the tires, remove LSP, then wrap it up...By this time, they're all dry.

I took the car for a spin after 25 mins and ZERO sling (I got on it too ).

I don't have to buy this product again for a long time :lol . This is gonna last me a long time. I'm glad I like it so far . I will continue trying new methods to make tires easier and report back.

Pics

Before

1 minute after spraying

All Done

On a Mustang

On Plastic

Enjoy!
    Last edited by GSRstilez; Oct 2, 2004, 07:01 PM.
    Sean Busch

Thanks for the info! My next order is going to have HD on the list... Seems a good way to go, economical as well as you said seem it will last FOREVER! I want it for the engine compartment and will use it on the dash/bed cover and what ever else I can find.

Did you try it on the engine yet?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

GSRstilez,

First of all, very nice write-up.

Second, I have had very positive experiences with Hyper Dressing. I have used it mostly on the interior of cars but I have occansionally used it on tires.

My dad owns a Honda Element so I decided to try it out on all the exterior plastic that the Element has. It looks great! Made it ever-so-slightly darker and had a nice shine to it. Also seemed to make the tires look brand new, dark and clean looking but not over-glossed like I find many of the tire sprays to do.

Also, it being an Element, the entire interior could be wiped down using it. Made for a quick interior detailing!

Great product!

Only knock on it is mine came without a handpump, oh well.

Chris
      Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Thanks for the great review. Hyper Dressing is really looking good due to its great value.

I have been using #40 on a lot of interiors... pre cleaning the pannels and console with other products if they are really bad. I do like the cleaning power that #40 has though.

I would guess that hyper dressing doesnt have as much cleaning power as #40, but I dont know. Is it more of a last step product?

Comment

Originally posted by dcswd
          Thanks for the great review. Hyper Dressing is really looking good due to its great value.

I have been using #40 on a lot of interiors... pre cleaning the pannels and console with other products if they are really bad. I do like the cleaning power that #40 has though.

I would guess that hyper dressing doesnt have as much cleaning power as #40, but I dont know. Is it more of a last step product?
          Hi dcswd,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Meguiar's Hyper Dressing Review

Originally posted by GSRstilez
            The Product: Meguiar's Detailer's Line Hyper Dressing
            Great write-up and review!

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Hi dcswd,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Mike
              Thanks!

+1 to my car detailing sites that take my time, but I learn so much from. lol

After thinking about it, I pretty much answered my previous question... lol

Comment

GSRstilez
                Great write up and review. I agree totally.

I've used HD for exterior trim. IMO HD doesn't last too long for exterior trim/tires. I've tried All Season Dressing with good results for exterior trim and tires. ASD seems to hold up to washes and morning dew. I was looking for one dressing for all trim, but switched to ASD for my details now.

gb387
                You asked about use of HD in the engine compartment. It works great under the hood. I hit all the plastic, hoses, and seals. I don't wash engines for my clients due to liability, but after a quick wipe down with HD one could hardly tell. I had a great before and after car but the dig cam bats dead. I'll post some pics soon.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');