• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abused Black Civic (Lots of 800x600 jpegs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi GSRstilez,

Do you ever have any problems with the SFP getting gummy or sticky on the finish? Which pads do you like to use with it?

Have you ever tried the #16 Professional Paste Wax?

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Mike,

I use Lake Country White Polishing Pads. If I don't clean the pads each use, they get very gummy and SFP/DACP is terrible to work with. However, if I wash them in the sink with warm water and Dawn soap, using my hands to agitate the pads and clean them out, I have great results. I wash til the water coming out of the pads when squeezed is clear. I then dry by attaching to the rotary and cranking it up to full speed for 30-60 secs. Following that, I spray the pad with 5 sprays of Meguiar's Quik Detailer, then apply a thin bead of polish on the panel. I took everything you have said on your posts about using polish with a rotary and I have to say...THANK YOU! It really does work!

As far as #16, I have not tried it, but it seems to be getting nice reviews. I could see using it in the future .
      Sean Busch

Comment

Good work on the EK. I will have to remeber when de-badging to use a plastic spatulla.

Eric
        Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');