• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abused Black Civic (Lots of 800x600 jpegs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abused Black Civic (Lots of 800x600 jpegs)

*Detailed for a good friend of mine*

Well, before we get started, I'd like to say that the specs on the paint after polishing/waxing are the blue flake in the paint reflecting off the sun. I could not get a good close-up of it, but it's not lint...I use microfibers .

So this Civic is a 1998 with 160k miles on it. It was garaged, but not really washed and NEVER protected. The process was:

Wash - Mother's Gold
    Clay - Clay Majic
    Rinse and Dry - Pakshak WW MF
    Polished - SFP x 2 w/ LC White Polishing Pad on the Makita 9227c
    Wax - S100

Before

After
    Sean Busch

Swirled to Heck

Pretty Much All Removed
    Sean Busch

Comment

Dull, Swirled, and notice the bad scuffs where the "Civic" and "DX" were removed by the owner with a plastic spatulla :scared

After
      Sean Busch

Comment

Gashed and Swirled Rear Bumper

After
        Sean Busch

Comment

Whole Rear Bumper

On the Left (Wash and Clayed) --- On the Right (Wash, Clayed, and Polished)
          Sean Busch

Comment

All Done

All Comments and Questions Welcomed!
            Sean Busch

Comment

that is a big transformation! Good Work
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hi GSRstilez,

I noticed you used a Meguiar's product...

Good old #82 Swirl Free Polish...

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

That's the same thing I picked up on.
                  *No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

Comment

I noticed it as well

Got great results though

Nice Job

Comment

I am wondering what did you finish it with I know you used the swirl free polish but what type of wax did you use? Anyway it a good job and I believe the owner was really shocked.These are the fun ones .However you probably know that the hard ones are when some one tried to fix it and then you get it ... Ouch! you can spend all day on those ones..
                      Bill Orlando

Comment

Originally posted by Billorlando
                        I am wondering what did you finish it with I know you used the swirl free polish but what type of wax did you use?

Originally posted by GSRstilez
                        Wax - S100

Comment

Originally posted by Billorlando
                          I am wondering what did you finish it with I know you used the swirl free polish but what type of wax did you use? Anyway it a good job and I believe the owner was really shocked. These are the fun ones .However you probably know that the hard ones are when some one tried to fix it and then you get it ... Ouch! you can spend all day on those ones..
                          S100 is a version of P21S. It is less expensive than P21S and can usually be found in Motorcycle shops. Nether of these two waxes increase darkness which is a characteristic most enthusiasts prefer out of a medium, to dark colored paint. P21S does add gloss, but most car waxes can do that.

While I have not used the S100, I have used the P21S and it's a lot like our #16 Professional Paste wax which will also not darken most previously polished surface.

At a recent Mercedes-Benz clinic, a club member brought their freshly waxed black Mercedes-Benz into the Meguiar’s Garage where I demonstrated how the P21S does not darken paint.

The owner applied it to a small spot on the hood and then wiped it off and nobody could tell where he applied it. I then applied Gold Class, #26 and NXT and about 20 or so people could quickly see what I was talking about. I’m pretty sure the owner of the Mercedes-Benz switched waxes after that demonstration because what he wanted was a deep, dark, highly reflective black finish.

All and all, GSRstilez’s above detail looks good. His before and after pictures show a dramatic difference. It shows that he achieved good results with many different products.

Two thumbs up GSRstilez!

Mike
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Great work GSRstilez!! Thanks for all the pictures!
                            -The Final Detail-
                            Lagrange, Kentucky
                            thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                            CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the compliments!

As far as my polishing techniques. I love working with SFP. My favorite polish by far. It is a piece of cake to work with and you get amazing results. Although I have DACP, I don't use it as much. A double pass with SFP is more desirable in my eyes, than trying SFP, realizing I need to go more abrasive, then DACP, then back to SFP to remove any haze.

I feel using appropriate speeds (1300-1500 rpm) on the rotary, with moderate pressure initially than lightening up after each pass and overlapping passes by 50%, SFP can remove an awful lot. With the rotary, it seems SFP is a whole new product (compared to hand application). After one pass, most all defects are removed. I go over it again to remove any more I see that can be removed.

It is also based on the customer too. I try to explain the benefits of having a properly detailed car (clayed, polished completely, and protected), but some just apt for a cheaper job. Many customers I currently have wouldn't know a swirl if they looked at their car in direct sun. To them, having a car free of dirt, with a glossy finish, and slick feel is more than enough.

As far as S100 goes, many like it because like Mike has stated above, it is very reflective. It is also a piece of cake to use. The thing I like about S100 is how it really shows off on metallic and light color finishes. Now on solid, darker finishes, I think NXT has me right now with its deep, wet look.

As it gets warmer and business speeds back up, I will be sure to try more waxes/sealants. However, I think Meguiar's has sold me for good on their SFP and DACP.

Until next time, thanks for viewing!
                              Sean Busch

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');