• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures from February 21st, 2009 - Saturday Open Class!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures from February 21st, 2009 - Saturday Open Class!

Pictures from February 21st, 2009 - Saturday Open Class!

Class starts in a few hours!

Donuts will be fresh and coffee will be hot!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Pictures from February 21st, 2009 - Saturday Open Class!

Another fun day at Meguiar's Garage!

And here's how we did it...

The paint felt like asphalt...

We used Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit to remove approximately 9 years of built-up bonded contaminants.

Icky!

Meguiar's teaches to use the least aggressive product to get the job done but in this case we went right for the Ultimate Compound.

Oooh.... that feels smooth and glassy...

Let me feel...

It's important to know how to work by hand and machine, here we go over the correct
    way to hold the pad and work it with the Ultimate Compound over the paint.

When placing your pad on the backing plate, center the backing plate on the back of the pad.

We also mark the back of the foam pad to easily see if the pad is rotating or not...

The G110 is easy to learn how to use and faster and easier with better results than working by hand...

For these shots all we did was use Ultimate Compound by machine followed with a coat of NXT Tech Wax 2.0

BEFORE

AFTER

Time for close inspection in sunlight...

The sections worked by hand and machine both came out a Zillion times better!

Overhead shots

BEFORE

AFTER

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Wow.... Sure found a test vehicle today....
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

WOW!!
        Great Work!!
        Looks Great!!
        Now that paint shines and reflects!!!!
        Joel
        Firefighter/EMT-B
        Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
        "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
        '99 F-150

Comment

Hey Mike,
          Thanks for a great class! I was the one with the Red Corvette. I learned so much more and anyone who is thinking of taking this class... DO IT!! Thanks again and cannot wait till Thursday night classes and advance classes.
          Sammy

Comment

Hi Mike,

Just wanna let you know that was a great class. Fun and Educational, and the food wasn't bad at all. With my new found skills and techniques you taught me, I can spend a little more time with my family and not just with my ride......

Comment

That turnaround is amazing. Did u guys finish the rest of the hood or did the owner had to drive it back home in that before/after state

Comment

Originally posted by Charvy View Post
                That turnaround is amazing. Did u guys finish the rest of the hood or did the owner had to drive it back home in that before/after state

lol no we finished it. But ya it was amazing to see that come back to life. It felt like 40 grit sand paper and took like 4 claybars to do half of the hood. It was seriously like a chalk board. It was really really really amazing how mike showed us how to bring it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                  Another fun day at Meguiar's Garage! More pictures on Monday!

What products were used?

Comment

Originally posted by i pamper my corolla View Post
                    What products were used?

Hey,
                    Im pretty sure the products that was used on the car was:

1. Clay bar (alot of it lol)
                    2. Ultimate Compound -few passes on the DA
                    3. NTX Generation Tech Wax 2.0

Im pretty sure those where all the steps that Mike showed us and it turned out great.

Comment

great class mike, it was very informative and i am confident that i can duplicate the results of that car on my own, thanks again

-josh

Comment

Mike: I came to the class petrified of using any kind of machine on my cars to apply any product. I left with a belief that even I could do this and when done properly, I shouldn't run into problems. The results on Saturday were nothing short of spectacular. I really appreciate you taking a Saturday away from your family and teaching all of us how to make our cars look there best!

Thanks!

Lyle Trager

Comment

Wow......that was done with Ultimate Compound? I would loved to have seen the pad afterwards.

Nice work there. More pics please!
                          www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

I want to thank Mike for taking the time to run the class time over, and turn it into an extreme makeover on my newly acquired 1995 Nissan Altima SE.

The history of this car is that it is one of two that were idential and purchased at the same time. One is mine and resides in Huntsville, Alabama. (It doesn't look bad like this one.) This one was my brother's and was driven from Alabama to CA. It resided for nine years in the SF area after a couple of years in Pasadena, CA. He no longer needed it anymore and said it was mine if I came and got it. So I did. I plan to drive it back cross-country. I just happenned to be in the LA area when I found out about the detailing class. Little did I know that the car would be chosen for demonstration.

The car was in bad shape, but I had no idea how bad until Mike said, "this is the worst hood I've ever seen." That's a quote I'm going to share with my brother for sure.

I learned so much more about products and their application then I ever thought I would. I also learned how simple it can be to bring back a finish. The car looks better in the pictures than in real life, but the difference in the old and new finish is just like it is in the photos. There is some damage deeper in the paint that will require more work using some of the pro products. What was really surprising is that the paint is single stage and not a clearcoat.

We finished the whole hood so I didn't drive cross country with only one side of the hood clean.
                            Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Comment

Originally posted by justin30513 View Post
                              Wow......that was done with Ultimate Compound? I would loved to have seen the pad afterwards.
                              Just ultimate compound, and some time with a Meguiars DA on 5. The pad was filthy! After every section it needed to be cleaned there was so much buildup in it. It was pretty black.

You should see the claybar shots. I'm sure Mike will post those soon. They will go down in history as the dirtiest clay bars at Meguiars.
                              Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');