• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Quik Wax application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Quik Wax application

Hey Guys,

i am a little unsure if i am using UQW the proper way, after i wash my truck i spray 2 squirts of UQW on a HI Tech applicator pad then apply the product using circular motions. sometimes i apply it to one panel at a time then remove the product and sometimes i apply it to the whole truck and then remove it. But then i read in some other threads where its being applied like a mist and wipe product as in you spray it on a panel, wipe it off with a microfiber then flip to another dry portion of the towel for the final wipe. So whats the best way to apply Ultimate Quik Wax?
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: Ultimate Quik Wax application

I use it like a spray and wipe technique.
    I thought it seemed weird to use an applicator to apply something so liquidy.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

I've tried it both ways and don't see much difference in the results. I prefer to use it in the Mist & Wipe mode. That is the way I read the instructions on the bottle.
      Jim
      My Gallery

Comment

Nick,

To put the "Quick" in UQW I use a Supreme Shine MF to apply and spread around as recommended on the back of the UQW bottle.

When using UQW you will want to apply to the whole car before wiping off. This will allow the UQW to haze properly. Which only seems to take a few minutes.

See this post by Mike Phillips.

Mike
        Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Mike Phillips said the secret to the UQW is to use the applicator. There is a thread on it somewhere. In the past though with other quick waxes, I generally spray on and wipe with a MF, then when it hazes I buff it off.

Secret to Applying Ultimate Quik Wax
          Matt

Comment

I like to use this to apply:

Followed up with a SS microfiber. Works well for me.

Comment

Why can't Megs bring back the Gold Class detail products? Some of the best products ever created IMO.
              NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

I agree.
                That looks like an AWESOME tool!!!
                Joel
                Firefighter/EMT-B
                Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
                  Mike Phillips said the secret to the UQW is to use the applicator. There is a thread on it somewhere. In the past though with other quick waxes, I generally spray on and wipe with a MF, then when it hazes I buff it off.

Secret to Applying Ultimate Quik Wax
                  Copied from the link we both posted above.

"Use a dampened microfiber polishing cloth or wax applicator pad
                  Next you mist Ultimate Quik Wax onto the surface and spread the product around using a clean, plush microfiber polishing cloth folded 4-ways, or a clean wax applicator pad and here's the secret, before starting first dampen your microfiber polishing cloth or wax applicator pad with Ultimate Quik Wax."

Mike
                  Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

I just bought some of this tonight at target. as soon as i got home i tried some on my son's mustang power wheels. Does UQW haze? I tried and tried to get it to haze and it wouldn't. Seemed as i wiped it on it pretty much wiped off also. maybe it was the plastic of the power wheels??

IMO i prefer NXT spray wax.

Comment

I used it today on 2 cars.

I get a supreme microfiber very damp with UQW, spray it on panel, and then spread it around. I did this to entire car.

Problem with even the black car, the stuff is hard to see, so it's easy to miss spots, when you go back to wipe with clean cloth later.

It's very easy to put on obviously though. I just feel like I miss some spots removing it, but I guess it doesn't matter as the next time I QD, it will come off.

Did a pretty good job.

Comment

thanks for your feedback everyone
                        Nick
                        815-954-0773

Comment

I used UQW for the first time last weekend and was pleased with the results. I started with a mist and wipe technique but quickly moved to saturating an applicator pad because it seemed that it was easier to spread and get even coverage.

The issue I had was that it hazes so lightly that it's easy to miss a spot or have uneven coverage. I actually would recommend applying the product in direct sunlight, as it makes it much easier to see the product.

I also had a few issues with streaking in a few areas. I had to use alot of elbow grease when buffing off to get rid of the streaks. I decided to go over the vehicle with a final wipedown of UQD and I found these products compliment each other perfectly. Any streaks that were left over were completly gone and I also noticed the gloss was boosted considerably. I highly recommend following up with a UQD wipedown regaurdless if you have any issues with streaking like I did.

Comment

An interesting question:

If I applied Mirror Glaze Synthetic Spray Detail on a day that I washed/waxed the car, and a few days later I used UQD to clean off dust or light dirt, would the UQD wash off the Synthetic Spray Detailer I previously applied?

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
                              An interesting question:

If I applied Mirror Glaze Synthetic Spray Detail on a day that I washed/waxed the car, and a few days later I used UQD to clean off dust or light dirt, would the UQD wash off the Synthetic Spray Detailer I previously applied?
                              UQD and M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer are pretty much the same product as in they are mist and wipe products used for removing fresh dust and fingerprints/ smudges and they both utilize Hydrophobic Polymer Technology, so using both on different days would be fine, but in the end there pretty much the same product
                              Nick
                              815-954-0773

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');