• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Like Detailing With Others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Like Detailing With Others?

Do you guys like detailing cars with other people, or do you like to do everything by yourself like me?

Yes, Always
    9.09%
    Yes, Sometimes
    41.56%
    No, Never
    3.25%
    No, I prefer by myself
    46.10%
    Matt

Re: Do You Like Detailing With Others?

I prefer by myself, because sometimes the other person does not do it my way or good at all. Plus then you do not know what they have done or not. I think it is just more of a mess than a help.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

i prefer to work alone...sometimes the other person just gets in the way haha

Comment

working alone is better, i dont know what the other person is doing and it seems the other person is just slowing me down
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I put sometimes. It really depends on the person and car and what your trying to achieve.

Take for example the Batmobile Makeover I was apart of. On the first day, Nick, Mike Phillips and I worked almost perfectly in sync and we couldn't have finished everything without each other. Mike and Nick took care of all the rotary work and I followed right behind them with the DA and finished off the work. By yourself it would take 3 times as long to do that.

So it really depends on what your doing and who your doing it with.

Ryan
          Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I checked sometimes because there are certain things I prefer not to do. Interiors are like cleaning your room and have been fortunate to have someone who helps on occasion that likes to clean the interiors
            Last edited by mcox; Feb 22, 2009, 01:23 PM. Reason: spelling
            Michael

Talent hits a target no-one else can hit; genius hits targets no-one else can see. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Myself. I'm to picky for most other people.

Comment

The original plan was to be 2 of us, but the other guy didn't think I was serious about starting my own detailing business, but when he heard about the money I was making, then he was game....I do prefer myself, but 2 people does get the job done a lot sooner

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
                Do you guys like detailing cars with other people, or do you like to do everything by yourself like me?

Comment

I occasionally work with a friend on some vehicles. He does the interior, while I do the paintwork.

In the end, it comes down to trust. Sometimes, I just don't have the time to check over previous work or redo it.
                  Chris
                  Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

I tried bringing in my friends to help out. Some were really serious in doing the work and some were just goofing around wasting time. So it all depends on the type of work I'm asking them to do and also the type of character of the friend that I'm bringing in. End of the day I think synergism must be there to make quality work.
                    Learning new things everyday

Comment

I voted yes-sometimes because I'm so new to detailing, I really don't know. However, my approach is that no matter what I'm doing, I can always learn how to do something new, better, or more efficiently from someone else with a fresh set of eyes.

Comment

I have had the immense pleasure of detailing side by side with Mike Phillips and Kevin Brown.

With company like that who would want to go solo??
                        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

For the majority of the time. I prefer to detail on mine own. But My daughter is very good doing the interiors. So if it is a large job, I will give her a call to help out.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Since I am not a pro and just do this for fun, I like having the owner of the car help. Mostly it is one of my son's friends car's and they are much younger and more eager to get the job done. It gives me great satisfaction helping these kids out and teaching them proper technique.

Comment

I like doing myself if it's my cars because I control the quality. If I do other people's cars (I've only detailed my cousin's car), I have them do the simpler stuff like washing and drying the car.
                              Usually, my kids like to help wash my cars, but they're more of a hindrance than help. I usually have a couple of microfiber sponges around for them to use so they at least don't scratch the paint.
                              Too much of a good thing is even better!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');