• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Like Detailing With Others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do You Like Detailing With Others?

I prefer alone because I will end up starting to just talk to much and it seems that when I talk, my hands quite working, LOL.
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

I've been detailing since 1965, and I've always loved woking with younger guys and picking up new techniques. I owned a detail production shop for about seven years back in the 70's, and I've watched automotive paint change quite a bit over the years. The day you think you know it all, a new product, a new method, a new paint process, or even a new type of buffer will ultimately come out that you don't know a damn thing about! You either keep up or fall behind, and I've always preferred to keep up. It's still a fun thing to me after all these years, and it's still a challenge. I recently attended one of Mike Phillips' classes and picked up a few new things that I've already incorporated into my detailing. "So you see, you can still teach an old dog new tricks!"

Peace,

Chief
      "There is always room in the canoe for the best paddlers."

Comment

To me, detailing is a private thing. I find it relaxing and satisfying.

My friends or family have never really shared my passion, so I prefer to just do it alone.
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Alone for me.

Comment

I must say I like detailing by myself. If there is someone else there, I can't have that special bonding time with my precious car, and every loving man loves spending some quality time with his baby. (Yes hun, of course I'm talking about you...)

Comment

Yes!
              You can always learn something from everybody, good or BAD!

Comment

Yes, and no for me. I really like detailing with friends, but also like having that satisfaction of knowing I did it all myself

Comment

its always kewl to have a bud or even the girlfriend helping
                  my name is trip and i take life very serious..

Comment

It just never occured to me.I always do it alone.

Comment

On my car, never. I dont trust people and I get way to immersed in it, and I like it that way. Its cool though to have a buddy do his car at the same time. Back when I had a 350Z the apartments I was in had a free 2 bay car wash station (spray only!) and we were always in there with some cold ones, it was a good time.

Comment

I perfer to work alone, unless I had a clone of myself.... Or another OCD detailer to do carpets and engine bays would be fine.
                        Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
                        baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

If I could find someone that I could trust to work on a car then I would love some help. Short of someone from here or Autopia I would not allow it. I cannot guarantee the quality of my work if it is not all my own. Besides, it takes only one mistake to ruin a hard day's work detailing.
                          James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                          Calais Auto Detailing
                          CalaisDetails@aim.com
                          www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

If I knew someone that wanted to help and had the experience I do, maybe, but then I would have to share the profits =]
                            A Pontiac is a Chevy with better trim.

Comment

I generally prefer working by myself at my own pace. If I work with someone, it has to be a person that I personally have trained and who I know will do the job the way I show them to do it.

Comment

I don't mind detailing with others as long as they're working on their car and I'm working on mine! This way I can tell them what they're doing wrong!
                                BobbyG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');