• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applicator pad quandary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Applicator pad quandary

Originally posted by TLMitchell View Post

If these are in fact the same pads why would there be differing numbers and dual product listings?
    They are the same yellow foam applicator pad they have different part numbers and different packaging because we cater to multiple different markets and different markets have different distribution channels and different needs.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      They are the same yellow foam applicator pad they have different part numbers and different packaging because we cater to multiple different markets and different markets have different distribution channels and different needs.

The definitive word, thanks, Mike!

Although many of the online descriptions are meager, it appears the product numbers may relate to size. What's the diff between W-0002 vs W-0004 or X3070 vs x3075? I'm thinking one is 4.5" and the other is 6", but which is which?

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I find it odd the Meg's Direct lists the MF pads for sale but not the yellow foam ones......

Thanks... TL

Comment

Although many of the online descriptions are meager, it appears the product numbers may relate to size. What's the diff between W-0002 vs W-0004 or X3070 vs x3075? I'm thinking one is 4.5" and the other is 6", but which is which?
        W-0002 = 2 Pack in our Professional Line (4" diameter pad)
        W-0004 = 4 Pack in our Professional Line (4" diameter pad)
        X3070 = 2 Pack in our Consumer Line (4" diameter pad)
        MX3075 = 2 Pack in our Marine Line (6" diameter pad)

4" Diameter Pad

6" Diameter Pad

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I find it odd the Meg's Direct lists the MF pads for sale but not the yellow foam ones......
        Currently, we're out of stock of our yellow foam wax applicator for applying polish and wax by hand.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

W-0002 = 2 Pack in our Professional Line (4" diameter pad)
          W-0004 = 4 Pack in our Professional Line (4" diameter pad)
          X3070 = 2 Pack in our Consumer Line (4" diameter pad)
          MX3075 = 2 Pack in our Marine Line (6" diameter pad)
          Thanks again, Mike. Just scored a bundle of 6 4-packs of the W-0002 for around a buck apiece. Was a smidge short to qualify for the free shipping so I had to add a Water Magnet to get it over 25 bucks. Oh drat

Currently, we're out of stock of our yellow foam wax applicator for applying polish and wax by hand.

Still kinda surprised the product info isn't listed as an out-of-stock item. Could lead some to think you aren't particularly proud of those pads, or something.

TL

Comment

Still kinda surprised the product info isn't listed as an out-of-stock item.
            Been told it's a software issue and it's being looked into, the way it works now is when a product is out of stock doesn't show up instead of staying out of stock.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Regarding foam applicator pads: Why is it that other companies like CCS have different colored pads for different purposes. Ex: Orange, yellow, blue, black, red. I do like the fact that with Meguiar's applicators it's sweet and simple. Black, yellow or MF.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');