• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite AIO Cleaner Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite AIO Cleaner Wax?

I thought I'd take advantage of an irruption of warm weather, and so I decided to do a mini-detail of my Luthien. After the wash, I applied a coat of Cleaner Wax, which I had never used before. The stuff was a pleasure to apply and remove, and it left a nice clear shine. I was impressed and will definitely be using it again. And you can't beat the price!

What is your favorite all-in-one cleaner wax product and why? How does your favorite compare to the other cleaner waxes sold by Meguiar's?

The poll lists only Megs' products, but you if have a particular non-Meguiar's AIO favorite, feel free to share it with us.

Cheers,
    Al
    Cleaner Wax (consumer version)
    23.45%
    ColorX
    13.27%
    M06 Cleaner Wax
    4.87%
    M20 Polymer Sealant
    5.31%
    M66 Quick Detailer
    8.41%
    D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream
    25.22%
    I'm a heretic - I use a non-Meguiar's AIO
    10.62%
    I'm a purist - I don't believe in cleaner waxes
    8.85%
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Re: What is your favorite AIO Cleaner Wax?

Used to like A12 the most (Hard not to like that stuff...works so darn well by hand!), but after trying out M20 via G110 I was floored. It's SO SO easy to work with, easy to spread, dry, and remove.

The shine is phenomenal, and the protection is great. The best my car has ever looked was after M205 followed by M20. LOVE that combo... (Can you say CLARITY?)

D151 is a neat product too because it has so much cut for a cleaner wax...so I reach for that from time to time.

M66 is also easy to use, but I prefer M20 for some reason...

Comment

I've only used the Cleaner Wax, ColorX and D151, out of those, my experience is that the D151 worked the best. I need to try M20, great tip Mark

I'm not a huge fan of AIO's but my Neon needs a diamond coated wool pad to cut the swirls and my Yukon is easier but needs more bite than an AIO. I need to get M20 and give it a shot. Read too many threads on it to not try it.

You listening Honey? DOH! another order to send to work and smuggle home!
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

So far ColorX, but I may switch to #151 when I run low.

Seems like it should be pretty good worked by hand on gently on a daily driver.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

i have tried Color X , M20, A12 Cleaner Wax and M06 and i like Color X the best
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I have tried the A-12, #66, and #151. 151 has unbelievable cutting powers. so easy to use. But I still like #66 the best. It hard to beat this one. Ease of use, protects a long,long time and is usually goof proof.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

The correct answer is D151. I googled it and I am right!
              ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

I voted for D151. I really like this stuff. I do have to say though, that I've really been impressed with Zaino's AIO. It's amazing. But 151 has such great cutting abilities. So it's a toss up for me!

Comment

D151 buy Rotary...amazing, then by hand in hard to reach areas like hood handles.
                  AeroCleanse, LLC
                  Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                  www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

For future reference, here is the order of abrasiveness of Meguiar's cleaner waxes, as stated by Mike Phillips (from least aggressive to most aggressive):
                    • Meguiar's A12 Cleaner/Wax (Consumer Line - Maroon bottle)
                    • M20 Polymer Sealant
                    • ColorX
                    • M06 Cleaner/Wax (ColorX, M06, M66 are all very close, would put M06 and ColorX on the same par, M06 can be applied by rotary, that is the major difference)
                    • M66 Quick Detailer
                    • D151 PRC
                    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                    --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                      I thought I'd take advantage of an irruption of warm weather, and so I decided to do a mini-detail of my Luthien. After the wash, I applied a coat of Cleaner Wax, which I had never used before. The stuff was a pleasure to apply and remove, and it left a nice clear shine. I was impressed and will definitely be using it again. And you can't beat the price!

What is your favorite all-in-one cleaner wax product and why? How does your favorite compare to the other cleaner waxes sold by Meguiar's?

The poll lists only Megs' products, but you if have a particular non-Meguiar's AIO favorite, feel free to share it with us.

Cheers,
                      Al
                      I did this same thing a couple weeks ago and was also very impressed with the results considering you can buy a bottle of this stuff for around $5

Comment

Originally posted by miahjohn View Post
                        I did this same thing a couple weeks ago and was also very impressed with the results considering you can buy a bottle of this stuff for around $5
                        I got a 20 oz bottle of Cleaner Wax for $7 at the local Harbor Freight. I definitely want to try M20, but I will have to use this up first and that is going to take me a good while!
                        --Al Kimel

Comment

#66... heck if i was sold in 55 gallon drums we would probably buy one, use it all the time at work!
                          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

ColorX, but based on opinions shared on this forum, would really like to try M20. Also tempted to try 151, but since I always feel compelled to follow my AOI with a wax/sealant anyway, I'd probably just go with 105 or even UC if I needed more cutting abililty.
                            2013 Highlander - black
                            2010 TL - black

Comment

i was suprised A12 Cleaner wax was less aggressive than M20. But M20 is a great product, it goes on easy and wipes off easy. I would love to try D151 and M66. I seems everytime i use an AIO i end up putting a second coat of wax which is usually NXT Tech Wax 2.0 .
                              Nick
                              Tucker's Detailing Services
                              815-954-0773
                              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');