• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone ever used this wash soap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone ever used this wash soap

just curious about it

No. 7 Car Wash Concentrated Powder, fast and efficient. For vinyl tops, windows, and chrome surfaces.

Re: has anyone ever used this wash soap

My first thought is I would never use a powder auto soap over a liquid one. I'm not convinced not matter how well you mix the powder, that the powder granules would completely dissolve to a point where it wouldn't cause swirling or scratching. I also don't think a powder car soap could match the lubricity of a luquid one like Megs Gold Class or NXT, but I'm a novice to auto detailing, so I'll step aside and let the Big Dawgs have their say.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
      My first thought is I would never use a powder auto soap over a liquid one. I'm not convinced not matter how well you mix the powder, that the powder granules would completely dissolve to a point where it wouldn't cause swirling or scratching. I also don't think a powder car soap could match the lubricity of a luquid one like Megs Gold Class or NXT, but I'm a novice to auto detailing, so I'll step aside and let the Big Dawgs have their say.
      Thats my thoughts as well... no mater what, the amount of mixing, stirring or agitation some of the powder will remain a powder. Stick with liquid!
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Take a hit for the forum...

Order some and test it out and the post your review...

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I agree with the others completely mixing it would seem to pose a problem.

If you read the product description, it states how great it is for vinyl tops. That is from my day back in the 70's. Just like paint and waxes have changed since then, I believe so has car wash soap.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

ill stick with Meguiar's Car Washes, after all, none of them strip wax
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I would never use that. It would never completely dissolve and mix together in the water, thus causing swirls and scratches. It looks really old. There's a reason why the top 5 car care products don't have that type of product. Stick with NXT or GC Wash.
              Matt

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');